Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp 2010

If Viedensky doesn't come back to the Blades I could see the Blades going after Novotny.

I was going to ask this before but if the Broncos decided it was best to trade Novotony, would it be nothing more than a draft pick or would an actual roster player be a possibily?

From past trades involving 20 yr old imports that are good (Fiala, Kytnar) to name a few, the price was a 3rd round pick so my guess thats what the Broncos could probably get for Novotny.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    From past trades involving 20 yr old imports that are good (Fiala, Kytnar) to name a few, the price was a 3rd round pick so my guess thats what the Broncos could probably get for Novotny.
    If Saskatoon offered a third for Novotny I would take it.

Nedomlel, Roznik and Novotony are our importants in camp right? What's Roznik like? I know he's played now and such...I'm curious maybe if they would package Novotony with one of our dmen (we have an abundance) to get a solid roster player as apposed to just a high draft pick. If Novotony was on our roster he would be playing a top 6 forward position...would this Roznik take that role if he sticks with the club? That's sort of my reasoning behind getting a least a roster player. I'm curious what other people think. Just an opinion. Also understand the nature of trading a 20 year old Euro...to not expect to get much more than a mid level pick.

I would like to see a package deal as well, I think if he's going to put up 75+ points this season then why trade him if we want to go deep and get nothing back? You don't really want to trade Bobbee for some vet D but maybe we could get something better back

updated roster

-G- (2)
    *Mark Friesen 90
    Austin Smith 93

-D- (11)
    *Travis Bobbee 90
    *Graeme Craig 93
    *Jordan Evans 92
    *Brody Luhning 92
    *Joel Rogers 91
    *Reece Scarlett 93
    *Kyle Verdino 91
    Tanner Clark 93
    Matt Franczyk 93
    Richard Nedomlel 93
    Nathan Zimbaluk 92

-F- (16)
    *Andy Blanke 92
    *Justin Dowling 90
    *Cody Eakin 91
    *Brad Hoban 91
    *Adam Lowry 93
    *Stepan Novotny 90
    *Jordan Peddle 91
    *Andrew Sullivan 92
    *Taylor Vause 91
    *Dillon Wagner 91
    Brandon Bruce 93
    Josh Derko 93
    Lucas Froese 92
    Shea Howorko 94
    Robbie Newton 93
    Juraj Roznik 92

I think we can all agree after last year the team needs some toughness. So let me propose a "pipe dream". Peddle and Rogers for Saskatoons overager McNaught? I know that would bring another 20 year old problem, but he is a proven tough guy. Don't jump on me too hard!!lol

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Dude, I thought the same thing...well maybe not exact players but a trade to acquire a guy like Randy McNaught regardless.

Dont sell Randy short, he's good with the fights, but i watched a player develope over the coarse of the season. I would love to watch him play in S'toon again but i dont really see it happening. The confidence he gained and ability to change his game is what led him to be drafted this year. I dont remember him giving up on the puck or making a really dumb play in the last half of the season. He will be an asset to any team who goes for him.
    ________
    HERBAL VAPORIZERS
    Last edited by lostsheep; 04-12-2011 at 08:30 AM.