Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp 2010

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    I'm curious what the shots were in this game?

I'm just going to get right to it...are we ok with the goaltending tandem of Friesen / Smith or are we needing to look to improve?
    Not the biggest concern. Smith has played alright, and Friesen should be good.

We also still have 9 dmen in camp (Scarlett, Verdino, Nedomlel, Craig, Bobbee, Evans, Fransnyk, Rogers, and Lhuning). I recall at least one, perhaps more than once that Lhuning has played some forward is that something more than likely to occur this year assuming Lhuning cracks the squad. Is Bobbee a lock to play with the Broncos or are we looking to move him and keep Friesen/Novotony/Downling as our 20's?
    Luhning is now a forward, has been for a while so there is 8 defensemen now. Have to think that Novotny is staying and Bobbee is now the odd man out (assuming JD comes back). Nedomel and Francyzk will split popcorn duties this year.

Our forwards we have 16 right now on our roster with two being away at camp (Eakin and Dowling) and correct me if I'm wroing but Lowry and Wagner still our with injuries?
    Yup, Lowry and Wagner are both out. I am hearing that Lowry should be ready by Friday.

Before we figure out what possible trades or transaction are going to be made, once we become healthy and our two players away at NHL camps are back then we can start to ponder who stays and who goes. I'm curious what we are going with into the season wiith regarding our 20's as there are possibly some pretty good options that could become available (Saskatonn has some possible players that could be availabe and make our team better if we want to look that route and even if we'd be able to make a deal within our own division. I'm curious if any trades (big or small) will occur in the next little bit. Are there holes to fill on this team? I can think of one for sure.
    Don't think there will be a lot of moves. Lamb seems to be the opposite of a Chad Lang type GM. I can't see the 20 yr old situation other than Bobbee being moved (unless they pull a rabit out of a hat and convince the Fin to come over). I would like them to cut 12, 16(maybe), 25, and 26 and bring in some forwards that can at least skate and play.

Thanks dude!!

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    Ya I wasent going to say anything , but I was checking for Broncos fans thoughts on the game.....and nothing?
    Sloppy game. five of the seven goals were scored directly off of a bad turnover. PA showed up in the first and third period. Swift in the second. Nothing to really write home about (especially for you, I wasn't paying any attention to anyone in a PA jersey).

Dowling has been returned from Phili and should be in the lineup Friday night.

That's huge news!! Best thing that could have happened to the club!!! Makes us an instant contender especially when Eakin gets back!! Makes for an interestin 20 year old situation too!!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    That's huge news!! Best thing that could have happened to the club!!! Makes us an instant contender especially when Eakin gets back!! Makes for an interestin 20 year old situation too!!!
    Well I guess there is a couple of routes they can go. Trade Bobbee and use a younger defense to start the season, and probably move Roznik in the process. Or they could move Novotny and keep everyone else. I guess they could also look at getting a solid 19 yr old tender and move Friesen as well, it is something that would be harder to do, but just may be the best for the team.

Obviously we are keeping Dowling but I like the idea of keeping Novotony (moving Roznik) too. By the sounds of it, Friesen hasn't had a good camp/exhibition games. With our depth on defense what are your thoughts on moving both Friesen and Bobbee? There will be some solid 20 year olds come available (Saskatoon has 7 20 year olds I believe)...I thought of trading with Saskatoon but at the same time trading within division is harder to do. What about acquiring Glover as he is on the trade market (18 or 19 year old goalie out of Moose Jaw). I'm curious what others think. Just a thought.

Arrow

Obviously we are keeping Dowling but I like the idea of keeping Novotony (moving Roznik) too. By the sounds of it, Friesen hasn't had a good camp/exhibition games. With our depth on defense what are your thoughts on moving both Friesen and Bobbee? There will be some solid 20 year olds come available (Saskatoon has 7 20 year olds I believe)...I thought of trading with Saskatoon but at the same time trading within division is harder to do. What about acquiring Glover as he is on the trade market (18 or 19 year old goalie out of Moose Jaw). I'm curious what others think. Just a thought.
    Didn't Glover have a save percentage below .900 last year? Don't know how much of an upgrade he would be for us.

I also expect teh 20 yr old situation to be resolved prior to Friday. No sense dragging it out longer then you have to (especially with other teams in the same boat).

Or they make the move now. Traded Bobbee to Seattle for 19 yr old forward Brenden Silvester and 17 yr old defenseman Tanner Muth.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    Or they make the move now. Traded Bobbee to Seattle for 19 yr old forward Brenden Silvester and 17 yr old defenseman Tanner Muth.
    The Broncos are going to love Tanner Muth. He's a big 6'1" kid who hasn't even come close to maturing yet. With him and Scarlett you have a couple of young guys who will play big minutes for another 2 or 3 years. A real good trade for SC. Tanner is originally a Calgary kid and comes from a terrific family.