Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp 2010

thanks for the info, this is sounding like it's a good deal.

We have like what? 5 17 yr old defenesmen on the roster now. This may spell the end of Franczyk for the time being as well....

Possibly other moves coming up?

I'm curious what type of players we just acquired? What do each of them bring to the club?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post

I'm curious what type of players we just acquired? What do each of them bring to the club?
    Third line forward and a young big gritty defenseman (by all accounts)

This is sweet!! That's the Lamb magic I was waiting for!! Usually a 20 year old brings a third round bantam pick...good deal!! We are gonna have a solid D core for years to come!! I'm stoked!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Brendan Silvester was the meanest s.o.b. that ever played peewee hockey, not sure what he has done lately though.

Interesting note:

Not one Defenseman on the Broncos roster is listed as being shorter then 6'0, with the lightest being Scarlett at 168.

It appears we now have a total of 9 dmen, and 17 forwards and of course our 2 goalies. I am hearing lots that Luhning is playing as a forward? Is this correct? Now we have to get down from 3 Euro's to the manditory 2. That is the next order of business. With Eakin still at Capitals camp, it brings the forward group down to 16 players. Assuming Roznik gets realeased or traded it brings it down to 15 forwards. It's safe to say that barring any trades that at this moment we will be reassigning or releasing or trading at least 2 forwards...curious whom that could be? Our dmen need to come to the 7 or so that we usually carry. Ideas as to what the next transaction(s) will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    Interesting note:

Not one Defenseman on the Broncos roster is listed as being shorter then 6'0, with the lightest being Scarlett at 168.
    The other interesting note is that besides verdino our whole defense has there gloves glued to there hands. Toughness still needs to be addressed. if we do that everyone will play an inch taller and twenty pounds heavier

It appears we now have a total of 9 dmen, and 17 forwards and of course our 2 goalies. I am hearing lots that Luhning is playing as a forward? Is this correct? Now we have to get down from 3 Euro's to the manditory 2. That is the next order of business. With Eakin still at Capitals camp, it brings the forward group down to 16 players. Assuming Roznik gets realeased or traded it brings it down to 15 forwards. It's safe to say that barring any trades that at this moment we will be reassigning or releasing or trading at least 2 forwards...curious whom that could be? Our dmen need to come to the 7 or so that we usually carry. Ideas as to what the next transaction(s) will be?
    Brandon Bruce will get reassigned, especially with the acquistion of Silvester who is a more experienced and meaner version of the same type of player.