Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Training Camp 2010

Why not keep Bruce and reasign Peddle as Bruce is younger and better.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan123 View Post
    Why not keep Bruce and reasign Peddle as Bruce is younger and better.
    Because he's not better. Decent effort at puck pursuit but lacks WHL speed. Small players better be quick or extreme scorers. Bruce skates with blinkers on, doesn't see ice or know what to do with the puck when it gets to him. And possibly Peddle and Bruce will be released. Should know within a week or so.

No reason Peddle should be cut. I like his fireplug style he played in the preseason. Still say that 12,16,25,26 are the numbers to look at cutting.

Iconcup Luhning and Newton

Luhning and Newton will be released today. That brings your numbers down.

So there are 16 forwards left on the roster (which includes Eakin). Seeing how euro is needing to be sent home or traded (I think Roznik could be the odd man out) then there is really only 2 forwards that need to be reassigned.. 1 if Eakin doesn't return.
    I'm pretty confident in saying that Lowry, Eakin,Hoban Silvester, Dowling, Novotony, Howorko, Vause, and Wagner will be on the roster. I think Blanke has played well enough to earn a energy line role on the time. The last three spots (assuming they go with 13 forwards and 7 dmen on the roster), in a sense who would make up the fourth line is from the list of 6 players....

Sullivan, Derko, Peddle, Froese, Bruce, and Roznik (who I think will be traded or released as it appears Novoton and Nedominl are the euro's I'd imagine).

12,16,25,26? Names?

I think Froese was 12, Sullivan was 25?, Derko 26?, and Bruce 16?

I didn't mind Newton so I was surprised in him leaving...and with our depth at d I didn't see Luhning sticking around (I thought there were better options at forward than having Luhning play up front).

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    No reason Peddle should be cut. I like his fireplug style he played in the preseason. Still say that 12,16,25,26 are the numbers to look at cutting.
    Maybe cutting froese because he's 18 but why derko, against p.a i dont think anyone had more hits then him especially in the first. He's a big body that can skate decently

Quote Originally Posted by sectionL View Post
    Maybe cutting froese because he's 18 but why derko, against p.a i dont think anyone had more hits then him especially in the first. He's a big body that can skate decently
    Will I will concede that Derko is better then Froese. He couldn't make Regina's roster last year (which is a weaker forward group IMO) but can stick around here?