Taken from Nick PAtterson's LiveBlog at http://www.heraldnet.com/section/BLOG12

The afternoon session gets underway with a rookie scrimmage between GREY and GREEN. GREY is 1-2 while GREEN is 1-1-1.

Troy Turpin is between the pipes for GREEN to start.

I'm pretty sure that's Alec Rounds in goal at the other end for GREY.

GREY opens the scoring. Ben Smith bangs it in to make it 1-0.

Turpin with the glove save after Brett Boehm works his way in close.

GREEN scores, Jari Erricson on the rebound to make it 1-1.

My feeling on Erricson is that he reminds me a little of Byron Froese, in the sense that he's not particularly flashy and requires multiple viewings to truly understand his effectiveness.

Penalty shot coming up for GREEN.
Jordan Holloway is saved by Rounds, it remains 1-1.

Two-on-none for GREEN, but Rounds turns it away.

GREEN does score this time, Adam Rockwood gets the goal. 2-1.

[Comment From Ron D Ron D: ]
anymore info on this mysterious McAlpin?

He's an 18-year-old who played AAA midget in Alberta last season. He played on the same team with Nicholas Walters, putting up a point per game.

Goal GREEN, Kurt Hildebrand makes it 3-1.

Tough to really evaluate individual players from a practice setting. At least for me.

Good save Rounds on the Erricson one-timer.

Another fight. GREY's Nick Landry and GREEN's Darian Henry. Landry gets the upper hand in that one.

Penalty on GREEN, Brett Boehm is taking the shot.
No goal, it stays 3-1.

And there's the buzzer. GREEN takes a 3-1 lead into halftime.

Adam Rockwood is a shifty little guy out there. He's one of the forwards on GREEN.

All right, the second half is about to begin.
Alec Rounds completes his busy day with his fourth straight period in goal for GREY.

Sean Healy takes over in goal for GREEN.

McNicholas off the underside of the crossbar, it stays 3-1.

Diving save and cover by Healy.

Healy bails himself out. First he turns the puck over, but then he makes an amazing point-blank glove save on Brett Boehm.

Erricson slides a shot 5-hole to put GREEN up 4-1.

GREEN's Levi Harden scores on a slapper from the point, 5-1.

Incredible individual effort from Kurt Hildebrand, slicing through the defense and scoring to put GREEN up 6-1.

GREEN scores again. McNicholas finishes off the passing move off the rush. 7-1.

Same line scores again. This time it's Kyle Messervey finishing off the tic-tac-toe play. 8-1.

And there's the final whistle. GREEN prevails 8-1 to improve to 2-1-1.

Rough day for team GREY as it allows 18 goals in two games, falling to 1-3.

Goal scoring summary:
GREEN: Erricson 3, Hildebrand 2, Rockwood, McNicholas, Messervey.

GREY: Smith.

Yesterday I wrote that the GREEN line of Jordyn Boyd, Michael McNicholas and Kyle Messervey looked good without putting a lot of points on the board. Jari Erricson was swapped in for Boyd today and it was the same story, except this time the points came in droves.

And just like I wrote earlier about Erricson being a player who does more than you might notice, he had a hat trick in this last game and I didn't even know until adding up the goals after the game was over.

Correction on the GREEN scoring from that last game. Erricson didn't actually have a hat trick after all as Levi Harden has one of those. So ...

GREEN: Erricson 2, Hildebrand 2, Rockwood, Harden, McNicholas, Messervey.