Thread: Camp numbers reduced.

Default Camp numbers reduced.

The Rebels have announced that they have reassigned 7 players.

Goaltenders:
    Cam Gorchynski (92)
    Kirby Halcrow (91)

Defencemen:
    Channing Bresciani (93)
    Justin Slobozian (92)

Forwards:
    Jamie Johnson (92)
    Neil Landry (92)
    Clint Pirio (92)
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Default Interesting

I find this very interesting, especially Gorchynksi. That leaves us with Kuemper, Barnstable, Rakochy and Maillet. You know that only one of Kuemper or Barnastable can stay (unless you use 2 20 year old spots on goaltending) so that leaves Maillet and Rakochy fighting for a spot.

The other cuts weren't too surprising to me other than Bresciani and Johnson, I thought they both looked pretty good at times. Bresciani for me was definitely outplaying pufahl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    You know that only one of Kuemper or Barnastable can stay (unless you use 2 20 year old spots on goaltending) so that leaves Maillet and Rakochy fighting for a spot.
    I don't have any insight, but with our log-jam of 20 year olds, maybe there is a trade in the works involving goaltenders......

or, maybe the brass think that one/both of the youngsters is ready for a backup role in the Dub.
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

I find this very interesting, especially Gorchynksi. That leaves us with Kuemper, Barnstable, Rakochy and Maillet. You know that only one of Kuemper or Barnastable can stay (unless you use 2 20 year old spots on goaltending) so that leaves Maillet and Rakochy fighting for a spot.

The other cuts weren't too surprising to me other than Bresciani and Johnson, I thought they both looked pretty good at times. Bresciani for me was definitely outplaying pufahl.
    I have been to every session and I would have to disagree with your assessment of Pufahl. He hasn't been outstanding but he has been steady. He had a very good practice this morning was quick and shooting the puck very well. Bresciani has been okay but I don't think he outplayed Pufahl in any of the sessions I was at.
    Last edited by Red celtic; 08-31-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Default Pufahl

Well we can agree to disagree. I have only been to both main scrimmages and I must admit I haven't went with the intent of just watching a few players. My approach has been to watch everyone and from the I was more overly impressed with Bresciani and to me he appeared to be outplaying him. The Rebels obviously agree with you since one is here and the other is not.

As for the goaltending situation, Rebel Rebelion posted an interesting blog that may be worth some consideration. Is Kuemper trade bait considering the difference between him and Barny isn't that big of a gap? I didn't raise the question but it is an interesting thought. Rackochy I would agree though is now the likely front runner to be back up unless a goalie were to come back in another deal.

I may take in the scrimmage again today.

Default Black & White game

Ok I must admit that I am changing my mind every time I go out and watch these guys on who I think is going to stick. Other than two people, each time I go watch the Rebels I become more and more sure that Oursov is going to stick. I would guess that he is the fastest skater on the team and he is putting the puck in the net.

In one of my last posts I had my projected roster as:

Forwards: Kudrna (19) Froese (19) Cowen (19) Persson (18) R.N.H. (17) Fergusion (20) Scheidl (18) Kambeitz (18) Siwak (17) Elson (18) Mayor (17) McMurphy (16) Burr (16) Oursov (19)

Defence: Petrovic (18) Archer (20) Weller (19) Dumba (16) Borejko (19) Witt (18)lBresciani (17) Grayson (16) (Deagle as an extra until Witt is healthy

Goalies: Kuemper (20) Gorchynski (18)

Well I was wrong on Gorchynki, by tonight it is pretty clear that the job is Rakochy's unless a trade transpires (in which I support especially if you can get something for Kuemper and keep Barnstable).

I still like Grayson, I love the kids confidence and edge and I really hope he makes the team. Bresciani, well there is another one I was wrong about and tonight Pufahl did look better, not as good as Grayson but better. There is also Chartrand but he has not stood out for me one way or the other.

On forward I am sticking with McMurphy I love the size of this kid, how well he skates, his positioning on the ice and he doesn't mind taking and giving a hit. The one change I would like to make at forward is Burr for Ness. I thought Ness had a great game tonight in the two periods I watched!

I am curious on who is released tomorrow.

Well I was wrong on Gorchynki, by tonight it is pretty clear that the job is Rakochy's unless a trade transpires (in which I support especially if you can get something for Kuemper and keep Barnstable).
    They will get a 5th/6th round pick for a decent overage goaltender like Kuemper. I don't really see any reason to intentionally drop an overage, NHL drafted goaltender in favor of a questionable overage starter, to secure a depth pick in the bantam draft. Barnstable is here for insurance, in case Kuemper has an outstanding camp in Minnesota and gets signed and assigned to the AHL/ECHL.

I still like Grayson, I love the kids confidence and edge and I really hope he makes the team.
    I agree, he hasn't made a lot of costly mistakes and he has thrown a lot of solid hits. Also he isn't opposed to giving you a nice facewash if his hit doesn't completely knock you down. If he doesn't make this team this season, it will be strictly because he is still a little on the skinny side.

There is also Chartrand but he has not stood out for me one way or the other.
    Chartrand can't play here this season as he is only 15. He is an above average skater, and has some good hockey sense, but needs to get bigger and work on his conditioning. No hurry here, but I hope they keep him on the protected list.

On forward I am sticking with McMurphy I love the size of this kid, how well he skates, his positioning on the ice and he doesn't mind taking and giving a hit.
    I have had McCoy over McMurphy up until the B&W game. McMurphy has been a little reluctant to go to the tough places on the ice, compared to McCoy, but he did completely burn Deagle tonight, and score a nice breakaway goal.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Chartrand can't play here this season as he is only 15. He is an above average skater, and has some good hockey sense, but needs to get bigger and work on his conditioning. No hurry here, but I hope they keep him on the protected list
    I have Chartrand as a 14 year old (I am quite sure he was listed here after last years camp)

[/QUOTE]I have had McCoy over McMurphy up until the B&W game. McMurphy has been a little reluctant to go to the tough places on the ice, compared to McCoy, but he did completely burn Deagle tonight, and score a nice breakaway goal.[/QUOTE]
    Mccoy to me doesn't skate as well as McMurphy does, he looks like that guy that has outgrown his body and is a little clumsy to me. I agree I have liked him too but McMurphy is who stood out to me but he what do I know he was reassigned as was Rakochy. Can anyone make any sense out of that?

Default Cuts

Here are last nights cuts after B&W game

Zach Rakochy Goaltender Canora, SK 93
    Will Heseltine Goaltender Calgary, AB 95
    Tanner Jaillet Goaltender Red Deer, AB 93
    David Heath Defence Melita, AB 94
    Danys Chartrand Defence Winnipeg, MB 94
    Davin Stener Defence Fort Sask. AB 94
    Dallas Bergstrom Defence Bashaw, AB 95
    Spencer Kryczka Forward Calgary, AB 95
    Stuart Symenuk Forward Saskatoon, SK 95
    Dexter Bricker Forward Saskatoon, SK 95