Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: blades preseason

Default blades preseason

Was at the game tonight against moose jaw, and saw a very good moose jaw team with just as much if not better young talent then the blades..on the upside sena acolatse is lookin like a good pick to be a very good 20 year old in this league...toomey looked average and stanford showed some good stuff (mind you only one period played)...if patterson doesnt come back (which i highly doubt he is returned to the blades), i would take zahn acolatse and viedensky...also if dzuirzynski finds his scoring touch he could have a break out season, he had at least 4 prime scoring chances and got nothing...the cage could have been bothering him a bit. As a team the blades were flat...coulda been the 200 fans that showed up...pretty sad when there are more players then fans...a bit of exageration but not much!

I was in Moose Jaw on Friday night, and I also agree that I was very very impressed with what the Warriors had to offer.

Thar 16 year old Morgan Reilly is going to be a stud and maybe even a top 5 pick in 2 years time.

Sena looked like he really wants to be here. Toomey looked like he had mailed it in. The fan support was also a disgrace, i know its pre season but come on. I enjoy pre season it give us all a chance to see the direction the team will be going in the next year or two. I really hope the next game at home ( 18th ) is better attended
    ________
    FREE STREAMING AMATEUR POR
    Last edited by lostsheep; 04-12-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Lost, it's good to get your prospective on things. I will be attending the Saturday home game, it will be interesting to see what happens to the 20 year olds that play. I have to admit that Toomey looks like he should put up bigger numbers than what he has. Sure he is a decent defensive forward (though how can that even be said since his +/- went from plus 19 to even in the last two years). You'd think for a big body he'd do better than he does.

toomey's single biggest obstacle is little, to no, foot speed. if he had better wheels he would be a much better, and more dangerous player.

i agree i think toomey and stanford are being shopped right now around the league.

The Flames would be wise to send Patterson back for another year but since their farm system is so friggin pathetic, it'd be easy to make their AHL team. How Sutter is able to keep his job still is beyond me.

Yeah I would like to see Patterson back here for one more season. After all Sutter did trade Pfaneuf to the Leafs

I think the Blades are doing ok in the pre season so far. Tyler Kizuik better improve or I could see him being traded or a rookie take his place. I think that Williamson has the edge over Vandane right now.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

I watched some of that NHL rookie tournament from Penticton last night and Patterson did not look out of place AT ALL.

Makes me think that the Flames brass will likely play him in the AHL this year, which I think is the correct move.

This 20 year old situation is starting to sort itself out as I would expect that Patterson, Niemi and Sanford are all likely gone for sure by this point.

We really need Viedensky back.

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE View Post
    Yeah I would like to see Patterson back here for one more season. After all Sutter did trade Pfaneuf to the Leafs

I think the Blades are doing ok in the pre season so far. Tyler Kizuik better improve or I could see him being traded or a rookie take his place. I think that Williamson has the edge over Vandane right now.
    I gotta disagree with you on this one Kiziuk i thought has got alot better his first 2 games against P.A were great he is showing more grit with his size and foot speed has picked up a bit and for Williamson he wont be here after this weekend he is way to slow hood flew past him like a joke for a goal saturday making him look like a peewee player