Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: blades preseason

If we were to keep Stanford i wanna see Iwan atleast get in 25 games maybe even 30 we would need experience in goal for next season

Nope, I still stick with my gut that I don't want Stanford back. Mo needs a legitimate shot at being #1, and once Morrison comes back (if it's before the October deadline), then Lorne can shuffle the 20 year olds in and out of the lineup on a rotating basis, taking Acolatse, McNaught, Boyer and others (?) and insert them in the one remaining overager roster spot.

I saw Acolatse play a lot last year, and yes he's got that versatility to play both positions, but to take a 20 year old spot, you gotta be a force or put up the numbers at least. Last year on defence he was steady, never put up the points really but then again he wasn't a defensive liability like Kizuik was last year. Acolatse would have to put some points on the board if he was to stay. They need to dump Stanford because then if Mo comes back as a 20 year old next year, Iwan will have a couple years as a backup before taking the starters reigns in his third year. If you keep Stanford, then you need to still get rid of the other overagers, but if you dump Mo, then you have to make sure that Iwan plays in enough games this year so he can be the starter for next, unless you want to make a deal for a starter for next year if you don't think Iwan can handle the starting job next year.

At any rate, the Blades will kick the living snot out of the Raiders! If the Blades start hitting and taking the body, P.A. doesn't fight back, they showed that last year. If we don't hit them, we allow them to play an east-west type of game and their skill will get them some goals.

Bring on the season already! I WANNA SEE A GOOD OLE'FASIONED ASS KICKING!!!