Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: blades preseason

Well today the Blades re-assigned rookie goalie Adam Todd, no big news here but I thought I'd share it. Is Adam Morrison back for this year?

Not really surprised to see Todd re-assigned. He's young, he'll be back in the future. He needs to control his rebounds a lot better. I think Oswald will be the backup, just a prediction.

i liked the improvment that Vandane showed from last year to now. It looks like his latteral movement has improved and he has good size. Sutter seems like he is going to be a spunky player this year, i hope it leads to drawing penalties not getting them. I would like to say we are looking good, and there are somethings left to sort out. if we make trades i still would like to see a big tough 1st line centerman. i dont know what the trade bait may be, but i would also like to see Stanford stick around. Even if he stayed for the first couple months to gain as many early season points as possible. Sorry my spell checker isnt working and it has never been a strong suit
    ________
    tits Webcams
    Last edited by lostsheep; 04-12-2011 at 08:32 AM.

I sure hope we don't keep Stanford for 2 months then decide to start Morrison

Morrison is ready he is 19 has been drafted by philly the guy is good not a stud but good enough and with our strong defense he will be fine only having to stop a little over 23 shots per game
    Last edited by lordstanley; 09-14-2010 at 06:31 PM.

i havent seen him this year, if he stays i hope he gets some confidence early. his rebound control last year was very spotty, our defence is strong and will have to be accountable for tieing up the players around the net. he is ready if his head is in the game. i guess that would develop after some time as #1. either way we have a good backstop!
    ________
    redheaded Cam
    Last edited by lostsheep; 04-12-2011 at 08:34 AM.

NHL scouts also see something seeing as Morrison is in NHL camp and Stanford is with us i will be happy either way but i just feel we need 2 20 year old fowards this year cause were lacking a bit up depth up front talented yes but still a bit young and a 20 year old on the backend

You sure have a lot of confidence in Morrison. Morrison was to damn inconsistent last year and it did not start after Stanford started getting more games lol, the reason why Stanford was getting more games was because Morrison wasn't showing he can be the number one guy.
    Stanford played very well and I'd keep him over Morrison any day but Morrosin could be thanking the overage limit pretty soon.

I'd keep Stanford and Oswald and then next year have Oswald and Todd in net.

Well i totally disagree with you but thats with this board is for to voice our opinions right ? anyways lets get this season started 10 sleeps away

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    I sure hope we don't keep Stanford for 2 months then decide to start Morrison

Morrison is ready he is 19 has been drafted by philly the guy is good not a stud but good enough and with our strong defense he will be fine only having to stop a little over 23 shots per game

I agree, Morrison is good but not great, the team just basicly has to step up the offence, no 2-1 losses like I'm so used to seeing..

While I won't say that Morrison is a great goalie he played well for the Blades last year when he was really the only goalie that they had. Once they brought Stanford in and Morrison was pushed for the starting job his game seemed to go downhill. That being said if he is the starter in Saskatoon and not really pressured by (Oswald or Iwan) for the starting job he may be ok.