Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 20 year olds

i dont feel that there are any untouchables ,especially in junior hockey where you have a constant turnover of talent.Teams should be built to win with their 18.19 and twenty year old players.Lang looks to be on the right track with this team.Its too bad that Parker didnt move Tuebert and eberle last year but moving forward,am pleased that Lang feels that he can get a better 20 year old than Mappin =witness;153879]Wouldn't it be nice if the Pats were overachievers instead of underachievers??

I think it would come down to Davidson vs Carlson. I too would like to keep Davidson, way more consistant and can log more ice time as a 20. I think that Carlson's spot can be filled with Blidstrand and eventually Peel or Williams.

My untouchables include all of the 2010 class and: Bell, Peel, Sagen, Rodewald, Stevenson, Halbgewachs, Stephenson and Dryden Hunt (if you can get him signed). These are the players that the Pats need to build around. There are some veterns like Davidson, Mitchell and Gustafsson that I would like to keep around.

But, lets see how the season starts to unfold. The Pats youngsters have the ability to play over their heads (ie Eberle as a 16). A couple of injuries to some key players on other teams and how knows?[/QUOTE]

Smart move by the Pats releasing Mappin, I will be surprised if he gets on anywhere else.

Heemskerk traded to MJ today, for very cheap too.

Hope Lang doesnt wait too long . . .

Default 20 year old Goalies

With Heemskerk traded, who's the best 20 year old goalie available?

I would like to see us go for Kuemper from Reddeer but I don't know If he's even on the market and his price could be too steep for us. How bout Archer and Kuemper for highly touted prospect Dominic "the Dominator" Favreau.

We could maybe get Stanford from the Blades, but i don't know If they would trade him to a division rival. Even thou the Blades still owe us for rippen us off on the Hulak trade.

Thoughts?

Mathews is probably the best choice left. Barnstable, Bosch and both the brandon guys are lesser goaltenders, and I cant see the blades trading stanford to a division rival. Kuemper by all means is probably going pro and I wouldnt imagine he'd be available anyways.

And if we get Red Deer's best 20s for 'the dominator', id buy myself a permanent seat on the Lang bandwagon. Because the only thing Favreau dominates is the bench.

Default Bahahaha

I forgot about Matthews. I'd be ok with that. Theres some speculation that the Pats might land Boyer from Saskatoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    Mathews is probably the best choice left. Barnstable, Bosch and both the brandon guys are lesser goaltenders, and I cant see the blades trading stanford to a division rival. Kuemper by all means is probably going pro and I wouldnt imagine he'd be available anyways.

And if we get Red Deer's best 20s for 'the dominator', id buy myself a permanent seat on the Lang bandwagon. Because the only thing Favreau dominates is the bench.
    I agree, Kuemper will be playing pro this season. He played 4 games with the Houston Aeros at the end of the season last year and put up respectable numbers showing that he could certainly hold his own in the AHL game. 2.41 is impressive, Im sure he would have liked to have a better save percentage than .886 but still respectable for a kid coming up at the end of the year like that. He was also 2-1 during that time. As for the Brandon goalies, Hayes will be playing Junior A in Alberta. I can't see any WHL team willing to take him and if they do, fans will be in for a long season. Jacob De'Serres is totally capable of being a #1 in the WHL, and it may not be in Brandon but he most certainly will be a key component where ever he lands. I personally actually its not in Brandon however, Im hoping they let the kids run with it. Young Brandon goalies have had decent success in the past!

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
    Looks like we need 2 20 yo's now

This will be the best cut so far to date but even a better cut would be Sparrow.

That whole trade dumb arse Parker made with VAN with Tendler for Mappin, Spooner & Jung is a total waste of a trade.. Parker got jack crap for Tendler & lost a legit franchise goalie in the process.

As for all the talk about how the Pats will be this year i personally dont think the Pats will be as bad as everyone thinks. If the Pats do get Ashton back that gives us 1 of the best 1 2 punches in the WHL with Weal & Ashton & if Gustafsson & Mitchell can put up decent seasons along with Reddin I dont think the Pats will be that terrible at all. Our biggest question mark is between the pipes, yes our D is weak after Davidson & Bell but a solid goalie can make up for a weak D (something Parker missed last year when we had a capable goalie in Rowat but settled for useless Delahey at the begining of the year) I personally think the Pats will be battling for 7th or 8th spot (we may not get either but will be battling til the final week of the year.

Lang has never been afraid to pull off trades & that wont change this year, im still waiting for another deal to take place before friday.