Thread: Two Warrior trades today

Default Two Warrior trades today

1st Trade
    Moose Jaw, SK.--- The Warriors have obtained goaltender and San Jose Sharks prospect Thomas Heemskerk from the Everett Silvertips for 20 year old defensemen Chad Suer.

Heemskerk is a 20 year old, athletic goaltender who hails from Chilliwack, BC. Heemskerk spent the first two years of his WHL career with the Kootenay Ice and the last two with the Everett Silvertips.
    2nd Trade
    Moose Jaw, SK.--- The Warriors have sent 20 year old goaltender Jeff Bosch to the Kamloops Blazers for a 6th round pick in the 2011 Bantam Draft.

Jeff Bosch spent nearly two seasons with the tribe after spending time with the Regina Pats. Jeff posted 6 shutouts last season and played in 45 games last season.

What can the Warriors fans tell me about the type of player that Suer is? Any insight? What can we in Everett expect to see from him?
    Redwic

Suer is a good solid stay at home defenseman. He will be an asset on the powerplay and provide leadership for the team.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Redwic View Post
    What can the Warriors fans tell me about the type of player that Suer is? Any insight? What can we in Everett expect to see from him?

to be honest Suer isnt nothing special at all & by far Everett lost this trade. Suer doesnt bring nothing more to the table then a 16 yr old i really dont know how this kid has stayed in the league for so long. Not a strong skater by any means tries to play tough but gets a fail

I don't think Everett lost this trade at all. There is a huge amount of 20yo goaltenders in the league this season. Most teams would be lucky to get a 5th or 6th Round Bantam Pick for any of them, including Heemskerk. Everett was not planning to keep Heemskerk when Kent Simpson has earned his spot as the team's #1 goaltender and is in the prime of his WHL career. As a fan, it would have been nice to keep both goaltenders, but in reality it would not have been fair to either player.

With two 20yo defensemen choosing to leave and start college, the Silvertips had NO defensemen older than 18yo remaining on the team this season. With trades and departures, no other defenseman on the Silvertips had more than one year of experience at the WHL level. Suer brings a lot of WHL experience with him, and that experience is a positive thing.

With Suer, he fell victim to a numbers game. Too many (I believe six?) 20yo players that were vying for three spots.

This is a great trade for both teams.
    Last edited by Redwic; 09-22-2010 at 05:46 AM.
    Redwic