Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Schenn to be re-called by LA Kings soon

Default Schenn to be re-called by LA Kings soon

The LA Kings who are in the hunt for playoff positioning are likely to be calling up Brayden Schenn very soon. According to the Kings, one more injury and Brayden Schenn will be an LA King for the rest of the season.

This has to really suck for Lorne Molleken and the Blades as they mortgaged their future for a chance at the MEM CUP in acquiring Schenn.

I bet Kelly Mac would be smirking in Brandon if the two teams were to meet up.

Find it hard to believe this would be allowed but the NHL being what is is, wouldn't surprise me if a team managed to pull a stunt like this. Thought the minor leagues were meant for call ups. If this does happen the **** the NHL
    Last edited by Trav; 03-27-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Won't happen. Lorne would not make a deal of this magnitude without making sure all loose ends were secured. Sure L.A. might try to peel him away, but I am sure the contractual agreement will say not until his playoff/mem cup run is over with the blades, then he will be called up.

Yeah I dont know who your sources are buddy but the chanches of that happening are very slim. If Lorne would have known that this could have happened he would have traded for something else.

There is a very silly rule in the NHL collective bargaining agreement that says NHL teams are only allowed to use 4 AHL call-ups after the NHL trade deadline. LA has used all 4 already and that is why they are looking at bringing Brayden Schenn up for the rest of the year.

This will hurt the Blades badly and really upset alot of people around the WHL but nobody more than Lorne Molleken who gave up the farm and all the animals in the farm to get Schenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Spy View Post
    There is a very silly rule in the NHL collective bargaining agreement that says NHL teams are only allowed to use 4 AHL call-ups after the NHL trade deadline. LA has used all 4 already and that is why they are looking at bringing Brayden Schenn up for the rest of the year.

This will hurt the Blades badly and really upset alot of people around the WHL but nobody more than Lorne Molleken who gave up the farm and all the animals in the farm to get Schenn.
    Haha. Lorne Molleken is not stupid. Like someone else said: He would not make this deal if something like this could happen.

Hopefully this does not happen though. Also gave up the farm? Hardly even close.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Schenn will be one happy camper if he thinks he is being denied the NHL lifestyle and money.

I would say, giving up:

Ayrton Nikkel
    Tim McGauley
    1st/2nd in 2011 bantam draft
    1st in the 2012 bantam draft
    1st in the 2012 import draft

That is loads for a player who may finish in the NHL right away this year.

Could happen yes, but it won't.

http://communities.canada.com/saskat...s/default.aspx

From Cory Wolfe today on this exact topic....

Schenn:

“I highly doubt anything like that would happen,” said Schenn, “especially because we’re in the playoffs now and I’m pretty sure they know we’re building up for a run here.

“I’m not even going to worry about that. It’s no different than the trade rumours. I just try to focus on the Blades.”
    Like I said, could happen, but it won't.