Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Blades regular season chat

Quote Originally Posted by whlking View Post
    Andrew Hayes is going to Victoriaville of the QMJHL.
    wouldnt all dub teams have a chance at him first ?

You are correct, someone listened in on a conversation where guys were discussing possible opportunities for the 20 year olds and as usually happens missed alot of key points in the conversation. Then, it's grown from there. But yes, a WHL team cannot do a deal with a Q team. The player would have to be released and clear waivers first.

Morrison should get a few starts in the next few games to show what he can do for this team.

With the way Stanford has played this year, I wouldn't hesitate to keep him as one of the 20 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by whlking View Post
    Andrew Hayes is going to Victoriaville of the QMJHL.
    How do you know this?
    BLEED BLUE

I don't know if I agree with keeping Stanford. I think Morrison deserves a chance to show his stuff. Plus, look at how much younger our forwards are this year. By trading Stanford we can free up an overage roster spot for either Acolatse or Boyer, or Patterson (if the Flames are dumb enough not to keep him in the AHL). Sure, our young guys are doing well, but I'd rather keep one of the 3 forwards left.

I jus saw on the Flyers website Sunday that they trimmed the roster down, but Morrison's name isn't on the list of players being returned. They still have 5 goalies. ***?

I think people forget that Morrison would bring more in a trade then Stanford would, and so would the 20 yr old forwards. why not trade Morrison to say the Bruins who could use a goaltender or maybe even the hitmen since i dont think Snider or Holly will be a good starter for them, just my own opinion and get a veteran forward back.

Quote Originally Posted by BladesFan_2010 View Post
    I don't know if I agree with keeping Stanford. I think Morrison deserves a chance to show his stuff. Plus, look at how much younger our forwards are this year. By trading Stanford we can free up an overage roster spot for either Acolatse or Boyer, or Patterson (if the Flames are dumb enough not to keep him in the AHL). Sure, our young guys are doing well, but I'd rather keep one of the 3 forwards left.
    i agree the young guys are holding there own...but we havent had a good test yet...we havent played a top team yet...lets see how they do then.

Quote Originally Posted by BladesFan_2010 View Post
    Thats why u trade Morrison for a veteran forward. I'm sure a team that needs a goaltender would cough one up. All your going to get for Stanford is a pick.

What's wrong with that? Lorne has many picks, he's thinking about the future too and has a lot of faith in his scouts. Whatever he chooses to do is more than likely the right thing for the team.