Thread: 20 year old goalies

Hybrid View

Default 20 year old goalies

with some very good 20 year old goalies being placed on waivers ,is there an interest from the Pats? Hayes or Barnstable could win a few games for the Pats,it would be nice to give one of these goalies at least a trial run .

Why not let the season get more than 2 games old first?

If the first two games are any indication, I am not unhappy with Ketlo's play.

Iconwhl

ok here is my comment coming from prob the guy who hates Ketlo the most on this forum.....

After watching the Pats in Brandon via webcast & then watching the game here in Regina Ketlo has played well, actually very well.

Yes Ketlo had a rough start to the game in Brandon but his 3rd period to give the Pats a chance was stellar. His appearance in Regina was prob his best home game i have ever seen him play. He made some fantasic saves, & didnt allow his normal "soft/weak" goal. He held the Pats in it only allowing 3 goals, not his fault that the Pats forwards (Weal/Ashton/Frazzee) couldnt get nothing going offensively.

I know this wont be a normal thing for this line, if Hunt keeps them together all year. Ashton just coming off his return to junior had a typical NHL hangover game, which im sure is out of his system now after practising with his WHL teammates for the past few days.

So as for the topic as of right now.... NO the Pats dont need to replace Ketlo, if anything we need a physcial Dman or 2 to give Ketlo some support.

But i also might add if Lang can upgrade our goaltending by adding in a 20 yr old goalie & maybe getting some type of market value for a Dman in dealing Ketlo then i would be fully ok with that as well
    Last edited by patsdude114; 09-29-2010 at 02:51 PM.

i am not pressing the panic button after two games, but it seems like there is an upgrade available right now for the goaltending position.The Pats are playing with one under the limit for 20 year olds.Does GM Chad Lang feel that he can get a better 20 year old player by waiting for the 20 year old deadline which is looming.No disrespect to the goalies on the team right now but i feel that Barnstable and Hayes are an instant upgrade.

Unless its at a price we cant refuse for a goalie that is actually an upgrade, then goaltending will likely stay this way for the foreseeable future.

Besides, Id prefer the 20 year old spot goes to a defenceman with good instincts, preferably a physical one.