Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Raider season UPS and Downs, last game comments

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    Well its safe to say the Raiders are on on the way up and playing good hockey. Maylan, Parker and Revenko really got things going tonight and if they continue playing this well the Raiders will be a dangerous team with 2 very good scoring lines and a 3rd that can do it all as well. Bad news is Rowley is out indefinitly. He had a big cast on today and word is its a broken wrist. Hrynyk hurt his shoulder tonight but I havent heard of how severe the injury is. We can all be thankfull of the depth on the backend now. It will be interesting to see if Danyluk plays in his home province on the B.C road trip....something MAckenzie should have been looking forward to.
    Amen to the depth on the backline. It will be cool if we come out of the road trip .500 ..... it won't be easy, there's no soft touches.

Heard Hrynuk has a separated shoulder

Iconcup Goalies are gold!

Tucker & Williams are probably the best goaltending tandem in the WHL. Out shot again tonight 49 -31 and Tucker kept it razor close and got them a point. To me (IMO) the team is taking too many little chippy penalties, and no I don't believe the refs have it in for us ... we have just been undisciplined. McNeill is having a monster start to the season and making everyone forget that Harrison headed down the road. Bruno is going to the well too often with his top guys, they're bagged by mid third period.

Going to the well too often and bagging out top players is a Bruno trademark. This team will not be a playoff team until Bruno realizes he needs at least three lines going.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    Bruno is going to the well too often with his top guys, they're bagged by mid third period.
    this has been a theme each year.

Iconcup

Amazing how much better we do when we aren't taking stupid undisciplined penalties. Good game, good result in Chill-town.

the only thing i can think is not wrecking chemistry of set lines which seem to be rolling pretty good and as far as a point streak the team and winning is first over any personal accomplishments its tough were up 2-0 and now down 4-2 on a long and gruelling trip maybe rj reed is the answer to get into the lineup for balson

the team and winning is more important than personal accomplishments ? I said Balson is a anchor on the first line , and how the first line plays is probably going to have alot to do with if the team wins right? Look at tonight no first line cuz they "grit "it up and u can see the outcome.
    k so he does still have the immunity idol

Iconcup

If Bruno cuts Paslawski and keeps Balson I will be disgusted. The fact that he had Balson playing 1st line has me questioning what he has seen in Brock that nobody else has.
    And Bruno's romance continues ..... and we are winless in SIX! At some point, we have to start winning these close ones. Our first two lines need to play fresher. Its called asset management. And by Christmas we'll need our bottom six to be playing some significant minutes ..... but I don't see it happening.
    Last edited by Raider Believer; 10-30-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: addition

Well the Raiders were loosing by 3 goals all game and the coaching staff still didnt let Reed , Danyluk and Berry play. Winther didnt even get much time. This is getting stupid. Changes need to be made. (And not on the ice)
    You should pose this question on Monday night during face-off. We'll see how Bruno and Drew tap dance around the answer. Same old song and dance is getting old...in a hurry.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION