Thread: Questions From A First-Time Visitor To This City!

Default Questions From A First-Time Visitor To This City!

A few Silvertips fans (myself, my wife, and infant daughter included) will be visiting Moose Jaw on Saturday, December 4, for the first time ever. We will be watching the Warriors face-off against the Everett Silvertips (our hometown team).

Here are some questions I would like answered by Moose Jaw fans:
    1) Should we buy tickets in advance, or should we purchase tickets at the box office the day of the game?
    2) Would that particular game be a sellout? Any concerns for getting tickets?
    3) Do any fans meet anywhere before games, for dinner?
    4) Would any fans like to meet a few Silvertips fans before the game?
    5) Any recommendations for things to do in the city, if we have time?

Any advice and/or assistance would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Redwic
    Redwic

Quote Originally Posted by Redwic View Post
    A few Silvertips fans (myself, my wife, and infant daughter included) will be visiting Moose Jaw on Saturday, December 4, for the first time ever. We will be watching the Warriors face-off against the Everett Silvertips (our hometown team).

1) Should we buy tickets in advance, or should we purchase tickets at the box office the day of the game?

Best Regards,

Redwic
    Obviously I'm not from Moose Jaw, but I've been there a couple times for Wheaties games so I can help out here a bit.

1) I always but tickets in advance, and it would make sense to do for a game in Moose Jaw, with a small barn that holds just over 2,500 if I remember it correctly, theres a decent chance at a sellout. And when I mean small barn, I mean small barn. You will laugh when you see it, but don't blink because you might miss it.

3) Not sure, I know there is a Boston Pizza really close to the rink.

4) Warrior fans tend to be loud and crazy, not that that's a bad thing.

5) I don't think there's much going on in MJ. The mall is right on the same lot as the rink, but last time I was there it was pretty much deserted. The big thing in MJ seems to be 'The Tunnels', but I haven't done that yet.

With a child they will make you sit in the front 5 rows (as of 2 years ago anyway).

The tunnels of Moose Jaw are kind of neat. http://www.tunnelsofmoosejaw.com/

There is the 15 wing - Home of the Snowbirds. http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/15w-15e/index-eng.asp

There is also the Western Development Museum. http://www.wdm.ca/mj.html

Heritage Inn is right across from the rink with a Boston Pizza beside it. And Moose Jaw is deserved of it title as the friendly city.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwic View Post

Best Regards,

Redwic
    First you should get tickets in advance as 2400 of 2800 are season tickets
    and it is a Saturday game
    Before game Boston pizza is the place most go to and Buseys a bar in the mall people go to before and during intemissions!!! Lots to see in the city, most tour the tunnels (recommended) stay at the mj minral spa (little pricey but worth it)

I purchased our tickets this morning. There are other Silvertips fans who will be in attendance elsewhere in the arena, but my wife and I wanted an aisle seat. We are excited to visit Moose Jaw and meeting some of the great fans there! We have been looking forward to seeing a game in the "Crushed Can" for quite some time!
    Redwic

Now that we have a person to be our home-squatter and watch our dogs, we will be ready to head up to the Great White North in a few days. We have game-tickets, plane tickets, lodging, and rental car reserved.

There will be at least nine Everett Silvertips season-ticket holders heading up for the East Division trip. It might sound like much, but considering the team would be lucky to have 2-3 normally go on that trip, let alone in December, it should be a good little contingent.

My wife and I will be the only Everett fans bringing a child (ours is an infant), so we should be fairly recognizable just from that alone. The other fans will include our trip & lodging buddy (Tony), a car containing three women, and a middle-aged couple. We hope to meet a lot of great hockey fans, see a lot of competitive hockey games, and tour the beautiful Winterized prairies.

If anyone wants to meet at or prior to the game in Moose Jaw, just let me know on here by this Thursday night. We might not have internet access for the first-half of the trip.
    Redwic