Thread: Cougars now have five overagers

Post Cougars now have five overagers

Goaltender: Morgan Clark
    Defenceman: Sena Acolatse
    Forwards: James Dobrowolski, Parker Stanfield, Taylor Stefishen

Stefishen joins the Cougars after playing two seasons of NCAA Division I hockey with the Ohio State Buckeyes of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association.

http://www.whl.ca/article/cougars-ad...shen-to-roster

I see them keeping Stanfield, Clark and Acolatse.

I am not sold on Priestner as a lone starter with some young guy as a back-up. Clark and Priestner would provide the competition and push each other much like Bowles and Cyr did a few seasons back.

The few games I've been to so far, I haven't seen much of or from Dobrolowski and they appear to have a somewhat solid foward unit this season so he may be the odd man out.

With the recent trade of Bidlevskii and acquisition of Carlson there is no real "veteran" presence on the back end and having Acolatse there would help that.

Post Now 4

The Prince George Cougars announce the club has dealt 20-year old forward Parker Stanfield to the Everett Silvertips in exchange for a sixth round pick in the 2012 WHL Bantam Draft.

http://www.whl.ca/article/silvertips...d-from-cougars

Wow, I am really surprised at that. They must really have faith in the new guys to trade Stanfield like that. They scratched Clark and Stanfield last night against Kootney so maybe those are the two that will be moved?

Shows how much I know. lol. Clark was put on waivers today.

Looks like the three 20yr olds will be Acolatse, Dobrowolski and Stefishen.

Dean Clark's last job was as an employee of Mike Priestner Automotive in Edmonton. Putting Morgan Clark on waivers and making James Priestner, Mike's son, the number one keeper in PG makes it look like Dean might still be on Priestner's payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Fonzerelli View Post
    Dean Clark's last job was as an employee of Mike Priestner Automotive in Edmonton. Putting Morgan Clark on waivers and making James Priestner, Mike's son, the number one keeper in PG makes it look like Dean might still be on Priestner's payroll.
    Is it not ultimately the GM who makes the call though? Maybe if Clark had the power to say who stays or goes could I see that possibly being the case but for Thompson to keep a kid who bailed on the team last season simply because the coach is buddies with his dad is harder to believe.