Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broncos aquire Goaltender from Giants.

Default Broncos aquire Goaltender from Giants.

With the Broncos acquiring 18 y/o goaltender Derek Tendler. It seems to me that Friesen is on his way out to make room for a 20 y/o Dman.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Nice pick up. I thought he was going to be the goalie of the future for the Pats last year but they moved him. Good pick up to go with Austin Smith. Friesen looks to be gone...so it seems...another trade going to be announced soon or will Friesen just be reliesed?

Assuming you are right, that Friesen indeed is gone, can we(I) now assume that this is a rebuilding year for the Broncos? Are the likes of Eakin, Dowling, and Novotny now trade bait come trade deadline time? If not, can we expect their to be more moves to come in terms of the goaltending position. I can not imagine a team that has playoff aspirations would be content on having two young goalies protecting the crease.

Tendler has consistently got that "goalie of the future" tag, but so far hasn't lived up to the hype. He showed up at the Giants camp almost 30lbs overweight. Doesn't sound like he takes the game too seriously.

Doubt they are rebuilding when they were ranked fairly high in the east. Been rebuilding for 4 or more years, I think fans would revolt.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Default I wonder...

What team Tendler will play for next season?

So, just where are the Broncos headed? Is there any depth in the system or do they need to dump some picks to make a run while they have one of the more electric players of the past decade presently on the team?

I'm doubtful that they can rebuild unless there are players in the system that I don't know about...the defense is young but aren't that solid.

Tendler has to be considered an improvement. Friesen hasn't been cutting it this year...at all! Consistently out of position. If your going to have a 20 year old tender he better be elite and win some games single handidly, Friesen has NEVER done that for us! I'd say he's gone right away. With our young defense we need solid, consistent goaltending and Tendler will hopefully provide that. I hope we can get this mess figured out fast, 2 points out of a possible 12 is a crappy way to start. We do not want to be the Regina Pats of last year with one of the best players in the league and finish at the bottom of the division. Hopefully this weekend we'll see the Broncos we all expected to see!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Lamb and company have to make the decision real quick Contender or rebuild.
    If we are a rebuilding team we send Eakin, Dowling, along with Novotny to contenders. ie) Red Deer, Portland, PG
    We need a heavy, 2 solid dmen that can move the puck and another sniper
    If they decide to go for it as our top 2 lines are Good, we need to add players like a Jarred Cowen Tyson Barrie, Howse.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

A few nuggets I have heard/read over the past day:

Lamb doesn't exactly know if Tendler is here to replace Smith or Friesen.
    Lamb has also been talking trade for a bit now to acquire some more toughness/enforcer.