Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shinnimin runs player from behind

Quote Originally Posted by Boltz9 View Post
    That is really dirty, did he get a penalty on the play? And I'm surprised a Blades player didn't go after him.
    The dk got a Major-Boarding and a Game Misconduct. Every Blade player on the ice wanted a piece of him!! Hamilton & Siemens got roughing penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltz9 View Post
    That is really dirty, did he get a penalty on the play? And I'm surprised a Blades player didn't go after him.
    Oh we did want a piece of him but Gutless Shinnimin laid the cheap then skated behind security guard Byblow to the penalty box not to mention Shinnimin ran Zahn from behind a couple mins before that consider you guys lucky you don't have to probably face that clown in a few days

terrible dirty hit should get 3-5 games
    havent seen hits like that since gillies played in stoon

This not even a hit. That's a blatant intent to injure and I would love to see 10 games. Make an example out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsheep View Post
    this hit reminds me of the stupid hits last year from the OHL. Intensional head hits, cheap shots then whine and not stand up for what you did. that hit was in his mind long before it happened, and should result in a very long suspension. The league has to stop those types of hits before someone is paralized, or killed. The ref's need to see this escalating before it gets out of control, maybe suspend a ref for poor performance on ice, dock his pay. Then maybe we can finaly get some good refs in the league that actually can see when a game is going down the drain.
    Similar true, however the severity of the OHL suspension seemed to be based on the injuries that Fanelli sustained rather than the hit itself. Nicholls' injuries are bad, but he actually is pretty lucky that it wasn't a lot worse. Add to that the fact that the WHL doesn't hand out lengthy suspensions and I just don't see a suspension matching the extreme ones from the OHL or the Q. Maybe the WHL will prove me wrong and make a statement, but I don't see a suspension of over 5 games here.

Don't get me wrong though, it's a terrible hit that has no place in the game. I'd like to see all hits from behind into the boards like this get 10+ games, but I'm just not confident that's gonna happen.

All eyes on the WHL & CHL offices as a suspension will be handed down on this player/act in the coming week. A junior career could have ended and maybe one should end? Sorry, but the actual hit from behind could not of been any worse. Luckily the injured player got up and skated off.

That hit was brutal......WOW
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Hey Section, you should really get your head out of your ass. Last year McNaught became a good player under LM which is why he got drafted in the first place. He was used in different situations and turned out to be a fairly balanced player, not just a fighter.

As far as the hit, Tri Cities are a bunch of pu****s. First with Yuen, then Shinnimin, I mean really now, if you are man enough to hit a guy from behind into the boards, stand up, be a man and take a sh*t kicking! Tri Cities are a bunch of whimps who won't stand up for themselves, then their coach said he didn't really see the Nicholls hit. Yeah, Hiller wasn't very good as a player and he doesn't appear to be a good coach either. You think Lorne would let that happen where two of our guys run people within the last couple minutes of the game? Not very likely.

I hope this loser gets at least 10 games.

I think most teams have a couple guys who make bone headed plays like this. Did the Blades player even have the puck at the time of the hit, it didn't look like it.
    Cheap, dirty, and it does raise the question that the guily party should serve the longer of either;
    the suspension given
    or the duration that the injured player is out of the lineup.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BladesFan_2010 View Post
    Last year McNaught became a good player under LM which is why he got drafted in the first place.
    If you actually believe that McNaught would be in the WHL, much less drafted by an NHL team if he could not fight, then I would like about 10 bucks worth of whatever you are smoking. Like Klotz before him, he is in on the team, and in the game for one reason.

He was used in different situations and turned out to be a fairly balanced player, not just a fighter.
    He was on one of the top teams in the league, and marginally improved his point totals while remaining a minus player (despite playing on a team that boasts arguably the best blueline and defensive players in the league by far). He is out there to fight, and intimidate, and to provide a psychological edge--he is definitely not a skilled player.

I hope this loser gets at least 10 games.
    I hope he gets an appropriate suspension too, but don't be too shocked if the ol' double standard comes into play here and he ends up getting 2 games. McNaught would have gotten 25 games for that hit.