Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hutt to Swift

Default Hutt to Swift

From the Pats website

For Immediate Release
    October 8th, 2010
    Hutt to Swift Current

Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats General Manager Chad Lang announced this afternoon that 19 year old forward, Killian Hutt was sent to the Swift Current Broncos in exchange for a 6th round WHL Bantam Draft Pick.

Hutt was acquired from the Portland Winterhawks on October of 2009 for a Bantam Draft pick and in 33 games with the Regina Pats; he picked up 5 goals and 12 assists.

The Pats would like to thank Killian for his role with the Regina Pats over the past year and wish him all of the best the rest of the season with the Swift Current Broncos.

SC also re-assigned Franczyk today

I am thinking this could be a pre-cursor to use moving Roznik.

Why do we need another small winger? Thought he was looking for toughness and need experienced dman.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek View Post
    Why do we need another small winger? Thought he was looking for toughness and need experienced dman.
    My best guess would be to add some scoring depth. Currently we have 3 players that are able to put up points, so he is addressing that concern.

I think this is a pretty sweet deal for the Broncos! Why did we get Hutt for only a 6th rounder? This deal seems to good to be true!! This doesn't address all our needs but it definately adds depth. I say Lamb has made some great pickups the last few days, hopefully he can keep this goin!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Hutt is a skilled forward. Bottom line is Hutt fell into the doghouse with Hunt last year and could not get out. A fresh start with a new team is the best thing for Hutt.

Good for Mr. Lang for doing the best by his players. Good Luck to Hutt.

interesting note:

Hutt is wearing #18 tonight. Likely means the end of Roznik

Default Roznik A Pat

It looks like our import situation is now over. Roznik was traded to Regina Pat's in exchange for the 6th round pick we sent to Regina for Hutt.

On a side not i watched a documentery on the Broad Street Bullies ( Philidelphia Flyers ) yesterday. A lot of people on here mention we need a tough guy to protect our smaller more skilled players. It appears Philidelphia had a lot of skilled players in Bobby Clarke, Reggie Leach, etc. but still remained mediochre. Then one game they were playing The Blues who ran their players into the boards every chance they had and fought their top players with no one going to their aid. They realized they had to get tougher if they wanted to go further and brought in the likes of former Bronco Dave " The Hammer " Schultz, Moose Dupont, Bob Kelly, etc. They set the tone, although they went a little over board, that if you mess with the skilled players on the Flyers you would answer to these guys. During the interview some of the players talked about how they played more aggressive because they knew if they were miss handled Schultz and company would be there. Needless to say this move pushed them to the top and they won two Stanley Cups. Interesting show.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Essentially we flipped Roznik for Hutt. I can live with that, Roznik was a depth guy at best for us.

Sounded like the Broncos played a solid game last night! hopefully they keep up the good work in Edmonton tonight!!!! And Roznik for Hutt is a good trade, still think there is more coming.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions