Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shinnimidiot

Default Shinnimidiot

This is Brutal. I don't like to be harsh on kids but this was aweful. I just Thought maybe you fans can see a glimpse of the type of player he is. Oh and on a side note he also ran Teighan Zahn from behind the previous shift that went unnoticed by the officials. Thats right the PREVIOUS shift to this hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Rncb-t8mc

Thanks for video. I was curious what the hit was after reading the boxscore.

As for your opinion of him, I guess after seeing him play here for the last few years we must be idiots and don't know what type of player he is. How many times have you seen him play, once maybe twice. Way to make a quick judgement. He made a stupid play, one that should result in a 5-10 game suspension in my opinion. I don't care for those hits as they can do permanent damage. Having received a concussion years ago, I still have occasional issues. However, I think those of us who follow the team know what type of player he is and that hit wasn't it.

Even if this is the ONLY time you have seen him play, your can see, idiot or not, that he was willing to end another players career or possibly life. I think, for that, he should be willing to accept the possibility of an end to his own career, as well.

I’m sorry, I like a great check or a clean fight as much as anyone, but this?????
    "Anyone who says they don't like fighting in the NHL have to be out of their minds" - Don Cherry

The hit was unacceptable, yes. I am not going to defend Shinny, he deserves what he gets. I think 10 games max.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Doctor View Post
    Even if this is the ONLY time you have seen him play, your can see, idiot or not, that he was willing to end another players career or possibly life. I think, for that, he should be willing to accept the possibility of an end to his own career, as well.

I’m sorry, I like a great check or a clean fight as much as anyone, but this?????
    but it was ok for colten gillies to make hits like that right ? saskatoon put them up as the "hit of the game"

the hit was disgusting, but 2 years ago they cheered gillies doing the same thing in saskatoon

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    but it was ok for colten gillies to make hits like that right ? saskatoon put them up as the "hit of the game"

the hit was disgusting, but 2 years ago they cheered gillies doing the same thing in saskatoon
    And still cheer Gogol for doing it.

You love Gillies admit it the only time you speak you talk about gillies so just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    You love Gillies admit it the only time you speak you talk about gillies so just wondering
    when it comes to dirty hits from behind, he is kinda relevent, especially howyou praise and turn a blind eye. but when it happens to your team........ well

I really don't know Colten Gillies, or the hit(s) you are tlking about. I thought this thread was concerning the hit(s) in Wednesdays game.

I was not there, I have only seen this video regarding this hit, and from the sounds of things, from reports of fans attending, there was a similar hit on another player (Zahn) I believe, on Shinnimin's previous shift. If this is true, and I'm not saying one way or the other, but, if it is, it shows a pattern that needs to be addressed sooner, rather than later before it's too late. I don't care where he stands in points, he needs to answer for his infraction and it should be swift and it should be severe. I am so glad to hear that Nicholls should recover with no long term injuries and that's the only good that can come of this.
    "Anyone who says they don't like fighting in the NHL have to be out of their minds" - Don Cherry

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Doctor View Post
    I really don't know Colten Gillies, or the hit(s) you are tlking about. I thought this thread was concerning the hit(s) in Wednesdays game.

I was not there, I have only seen this video regarding this hit, and from the sounds of things, from reports of fans attending, there was a similar hit on another player (Zahn) I believe, on Shinnimin's previous shift. If this is true, and I'm not saying one way or the other, but, if it is, it shows a pattern that needs to be addressed sooner, rather than later before it's too late. I don't care where he stands in points, he needs to answer for his infraction and it should be swift and it should be severe. I am so glad to hear that Nicholls should recover with no long term injuries and that's the only good that can come of this.
    former blade that made many worse hits. and was praised for them. now some people think its only wrong when its a blade hit. truth is it was a terrible hit