Thread: thoughts on the Warriors?

Default thoughts on the Warriors?

Several people on here were kissing the ass of the Warriors thinking they were going to be the class of the division. I wondered why at the time and still shake my head based on their start.

The class of the div based on what? The forwards are merely average. Howden rode the coat tails of Bast last year. Howden/Wudrick are from the same mold. Have all the skills but scared and soft. The warriors were actually a veteran club last season with several 19 yr old forwards. Now, that's caught up to them.. bye-bye Frazee, Hood/Rowinski.

Suer anchored their D last year. Now he's gone. Mcllrath is ok. He's tough but he's not a stud by any means. After that?

Goaltending? Improves with the pick-up of Heemskerk.

Coaching?

Here's a team last year that was in the worst possible spot. Too old to be considered young/rebuilding. Not talented enough for more than 8th in the Conference. Terrible team management.

So they're 2-6. It's early. Have they shown anything yet? They beat the Broncos twice as they try to find their way. They've been beaten by everybody else.

So my question. Why the love affair with these guys on the message boards?

Nut

I agree with what you are saying.....

I looked through the standing this morning and on the surface it looks as though the Blades are running away with things. Who would've expected that?

Also, what is kind of funny, two of the top teams in the CHL, Saskatoon and Quebec have 10 rookies in the lineup each night. Tell you one thing, don't predict based on "paper rosters".

To me, Swift Current and Moose Jaw should be close to Saskatoon in end. However, do they work hard enough, have younger guys stepped up more on the Blades than on other teams? Lots of variables to consider.

have a good day.

Hockey News had it Saskatoon, Portland, Swift Current for the top three in the league. They have the top two picked right so far. We will be a very good team, just need some more games together, get Wagner back, and a little more tinkering.
    Always Remembered

Default big deal

Hockey News?? Rob Vanstone wrote those predictions for them. He works for the Leader Post. Hockey isn't even his first priority, it's football. He's wrong every year. It does provide fodder for people to talk about. Don't get caught up in the "Hockey News" name. It really means a whole pile of you know what. I guess they have Flathead fooled though

The Broncos have a rivalry with the Warriors but at the same time have a respect for them. The main reason is their head coach was an assistant coach for the Broncos before being named head coach of the Warriors. Hunch was well respected in the community and gave a lot back. He is well liked by the fans and always made time for them. A lot of fans hated to see him go and still hold him as one of us.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

i'm surprised at the warriors lack of offense. with their group of forwards i thought they'd be much more dangerous. some of it is just bad luck. i was at the blades warriors game, and moose jaw missed open nets and good chances. squeezing their sticks a bit too tight. defensively i didn't see a lot to get excited about for the warriors. guess it goes back to games not being played on paper.

Default still?

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    The Broncos have a rivalry with the Warriors but at the same time have a respect for them. The main reason is their head coach was an assistant coach for the Broncos before being named head coach of the Warriors. Hunch was well respected in the community and gave a lot back. He is well liked by the fans and always made time for them. A lot of fans hated to see him go and still hold him as one of us.

Scout
    I think that's changed Scout. He ran his goon patrol in here for a couple of seasons and lost some respect. He had four or five meatheads and they went after the Broncos top players. Not sure if you remember that. I know there was some pissed off people on the board and bronco staff. So what's he done in MJ? Missed the playoffs and haven't got out of round one.