Thread: Home, Sweet Home!

Iconwhl Home, Sweet Home!

Good thing we put a good game tonite or every one would start thinking "flash-in-the-pan" team. Sounds like the guys came out with a lot more spirit and determination. We listened on the way back and all we can say is "Way to go Reb's" and keep making us proud!! And what the heck is the Dumba fight anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rebels View Post
    Good thing we put a good game tonite or every one would start thinking "flash-in-the-pan" team.
    That PA team looked really tired. The only one that seemed to be skating with any sort of enthusiasm was Parker.

And what the heck is the Dumba fight anyways?
    Button doesn't strike me as a guy that fights a lot, and the only reason I can think of that he would want to fight a 16 year old after a clean hit, is because he must have been the one that fed Herrod the suicide pass that led to him getting demolished by Dumba. Last Rebel I saw lay a hit like that was Phaneuf.

they probably where Vancouver then PG after that hop the bus and straight drive to RD

Gota love the sched LOL
    www.childrenswish.ca

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Button doesn't strike me as a guy that fights a lot, and the only reason I can think of that he would want to fight a 16 year old after a clean hit, is because he must have been the one that fed Herrod the suicide pass that led to him getting demolished by Dumba
    Ok, just looked at the replay on the Rebels site, and it was Fiddler that got flattened, not Herrod, and it wasn't Button that passed it to him. I don't know if Button just wanted to get off the ice for 17 minutes to rest, or he forgot that he could just take his number...

Was mostly watching Ruopp whaling away on Sheidl through that whole scrum at the end, didn't really notice Svendsen till I watched the video. Wouldn't be surprised to see Svendsen disciplined for abuse of the official, as most of his flailing was actually just hitting the linesman.

I am not 100% sure what Campese was going off on the officials about. The officials called almost nothing the entire game(which played heavily in a tired PA team's favor)--until the third when it was clear that PA was done playing hockey for the night. Two of his guys jumped Deagle to start that whole scrum at the end, so he couldn't possibly be complaining about getting an extra penalty.

It's not really home sweet home right now given their record of 3-3 at the Centrium. That's pretty bad all things considered.

However, when you look at it they were all winnable games where they ran into a hot goaltender. Last night, quite frankly, they should not have been blanked against the worst defensive team in the league especially with nine powerplay chances including an extended 5 on 3. Bosch was good sure but chances galore went begging. Cliched as it sounds but they really do have to bear down on these chances. It was exactly the same against the Blades (2-1 loss). Stanford is in their heads a bit it seems.

It's good for the team to get out on the road I think. Perhaps they won't be clutching their sticks quite so tightly out there. Tough games coming up against the Ice and Chiefs so they had better be ready and then some.

I know that SectionN blames me For the Rebs woe's but hey sometimes the puck bounces the wrong way and you run into a hot goalie.....On the other hand maybe SectionN is right!!!

No, I just said that they may be discouraged by seeing all these fans suddenly jumping on the bandwagon!

In all of the Rebels losses so far this season, they have either doubled the other team's shots/chances, or almost doubled them, and carried a great deal of the play in the games. In the Medicine Hat games and the Kamloops game, they were straight up beaten by the other team's goaltender (If it were possible, Dubyk and Bosch should have gotten all 3 stars in the games). In the Saskatoon game, they almost doubled up on the shots, but they weren't as quality as in the other losses.