Thread: New D-man

Default New D-man

Swift Current Broncos’ Head Coach and General Manager Mark Lamb has announced the club has acquired defenceman Ryan Aasman from the Seattle Thunderbirds in exchange for a conditional 2012 5th round WHL Bantam Draft pick.

Aasman, 18 years old, is entering his 4th WHL season. This season he has played 8 games for the Thunderbirds and registered no points and 2 penalty minutes. Last season, split between the Thunderbirds and Prince Albert Raiders, he played 69 games and had 1 goal, 8 assists and 38 penalty minutes. Aasman was drafted by the Raiders in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft in the 1st round, 8th overall. Aasman is from Medicine Hat, AB and is 5’10” and 180 lbs.

Aasman is expected to join the Broncos this weekend when they play 3 games in 3 nights starting with a road game in Regina on Friday.

Player Bio:
    Name: Ryan Aasman
    Position: Defence
    Shoots: Right
    Height 5'10”
    Weight 180 lbs
    Birthdate: 1992-04-19
    Hometown: Medicine Hat, AB

Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
    2010-11 Seattle 8 0 0 0 -2 2
    2009-10 Seattle 69 1 8 9 -5 38
    2008-09 Prince Albert 41 0 1 1 -6 16
    2007-08 Prince Albert 10 0 0 0 -1 2
    Last edited by scbfan; 10-20-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Seattle gets a 2012 conditional bantam pick from the Broncos

KENT, October 20, 2010 — Seattle Thunderbirds general manager Russ Farwell today announced the team has traded defenseman Ryan Aasman to the Swift Current Broncos for a conditional 5th round selection in the 2012 Bantam Draft.

“We had nine defensemen and needed to reduce our roster,” said Farwell. “This trade will give Ryan an opportunity to play and earn a bigger role on the ice.”

Aasman has appeared in all eight T-Birds games this season. The T-Birds acquired Aasman last year from the Prince Albert Raiders for right wing Jonathan Parker.

Default Size??

I hope that Lamb addresses the toughness issue on the club soon. From what the stats are the new D-man is not very big...hope he is skilled??

Kinda makes me wonder how serious is the injury to Joel Rogers?

I saw a clip of Aasman taking on Lyon. Didn't appear to win the fight but stood his own. Gritty but small player. We are either dealing with health issues on our back end OR possibly one of the dmen could be moved in an additional deal to what was just made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5axCWOtvkvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5-8E...eature=related

Perhaps neither of these clips show a sure cut tough guy but it at least shows me that he'll battle and stand up with anyone regardless the size. That's how I see it.

I look past the fact that he lossed those fights and look rather at the fact that he was willing to stand up to them. Obviously he is not brought in to drop the mits but is willing if the time is right.

Is it wrong that my first thought with trade as it was additional compensation for the Bobbee trade? (considering that Silverster has a serious back problem and may not be able to play?, and considering that rumor has it Seattle downplayed the injury during trade talks?)

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    Is it wrong that my first thought with trade as it was additional compensation for the Bobbee trade? (considering that Silverster has a serious back problem and may not be able to play?, and considering that rumor has it Seattle downplayed the injury during trade talks?)

On the WHL transactions page it shows Bobbee and a conditional '12 pick for Silvester and Muth. I would guess the conditional pick would be on Silvester playing.