Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: That was a rough weekend

Default That was a rough weekend

Well after a really good weekend two weeks ago, this past weekend was down right awful. It seemed that all systems, effort and skill would disappear for large chunks at a time. To top it off the lost Eakin (who should be back this weekend???) and Dowling (anyone even know the reason???)

Hopefully they can get this turned around (again) by Friday, and lay a good ol whipping on PA

I wasn't able to watch the game but I saw the box score...dang. What's the issue with Dowling? Did I miss something?

We have players that do well in the corners and will bang with the other team but we definetly dont have enough of those players. We are too soft of a team up front and need more players to be willing to grind it out and work the puck out of those corners for the guys that know how to put the puck in the net. No team that comes in here is scared of us because we have no so called "tough guy" to come in and set the tone from that perspective. Thoughts?

Well hopefully after this weekend Coach Lamb receives the message. And that message is that this is a TEAM game. Its really too bad it took us to loose 7-3 to finally see ALL the players receive some ice time. We are more than 6-10 guys there Coach. The rest of the guys can play some decent hockey and they showed it in the third period. Lamb cant be all that surprised from the results this weekend. We have played a lot of hockey these last couple of weeks and to see Freisen start 7 games in 12 days and to see the same two lines I knew a game like last night was coming. Some of our guys are already bagged and its only October. Our players can keep their heads held high this is all on the Coach. I just might have to start heckling Lamb from my seat.
    Don't take life so seriously...you can't get out of it alive.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by transplantedbronco View Post
    Well hopefully after this weekend Coach Lamb receives the message. And that message is that this is a TEAM game. Its really too bad it took us to loose 7-3 to finally see ALL the players receive some ice time. We are more than 6-10 guys there Coach. The rest of the guys can play some decent hockey and they showed it in the third period. Lamb cant be all that surprised from the results this weekend. We have played a lot of hockey these last couple of weeks and to see Freisen start 7 games in 12 days and to see the same two lines I knew a game like last night was coming. Some of our guys are already bagged and its only October. Our players can keep their heads held high this is all on the Coach. I just might have to start heckling Lamb from my seat.
    Kind of like McEwan coaching eh?

Anyhow, I would like to know why they just didn't insert Howorko into Eakins spot on Saturday. This kid is already one of my favorites because he reminds me of Dale Weiss for whatever reason (could be the size, board game, scrappy, etc).

Anyhow we need more of him on the ice...please Mark.

Iconwhl

2 losses to the Pats over the weekend & the panic button is being pushed hard & often.

With the guys Lang has brought in the Pats rnt a bad team we lacked leadership & with Schneider & Bevilski (however u spell it) coming in that has helped out defense & our leadership. Our speed is matched with the broncos line for line (which us pats fans havent been able to say for at least a good 5 or 6 yrs)

I have predicted from the start that Lang would bring in players via trade & the pats will finish anywhere from 6th to 9th in the conference & i still stand by that. I do feel the Pats will make the playoffs.

But i must agree with u bronco fans that the broncos r a very soft team, thanks for taking Hutt off our hands tho what a great move by Lamb to bring him in on a already soft team to bring in another soft/extra small forward. The kid does have hands but he is too easy to knock off the puck.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    But i must agree with u bronco fans that the broncos r a very soft team, thanks for taking Hutt off our hands tho what a great move by Lamb to bring him in on a already soft team to bring in another soft/extra small forward. The kid does have hands but he is too easy to knock off the puck.
    You're welcome. The lone highlight for me last night was watching him burn his former team for 2 goals. He's been a good addition on the powerplay.
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

When will Silvester and Wagner come back? There return will bring some much needed gritt but we're still needing some toughness as we are getting pushed around it seems.

Howorko deserves way more ice time. There are two vets on this team that shouldn't be on imo. Howorko is better than both of them and is going to be a great player in this league. Still a few more changes needed and having Wagner back will be a great help. Coach Lamb is doing a great job and will have this team looking great! I love his emotion on the bench.
    Always Remembered

I like his emotion from the bench as well. That shows he's competitive and has heart and I like that. I also like the fact he has been starting Friesen and going with the hot goalie, he deserves that and giving him a break could "cool" him down, good choice Lamb. The fact that we had a crappy weekend in losing both games to the Pats is no reason to get too down, i don't think. Had we not have had that winning streak I'd be panicking but if you look at the standings we are still near the top. The standings are also showing that any team can beat any team on any given night. That's the sign of a good, competitve league!! Losing sucks, always will, but it does happen. I do say we are soft and we do need a tough guy, Wagner will help out that cause, just a matter of time. One more thing...I still hate the Pats!!lol

1989 Memorial Cup Champions