Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raider Injury Log

Default Raider Injury Log

As per: http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

The Prince Albert Raiders will be without D Nathan Deck, 20, for up to six weeks. He was injured Friday in a 9-2 loss to the visiting Medicine Hat Tigers. F Tyler Pitlick was hit with a kneeing major on the play and awaits word from the WHL office on the length of his suspension. . . . “From what I’ve been told, it’s a torn MCL and (Deck’s) out four to six weeks, unfortunately,” Bruno Campese, the Raiders’ general manager and head coach, told John MacNeil of the Prince Albert Daily Herald. “I wish it was something different, but it’s not. It’s a huge hole to fill.” . . . The Raiders also are without their other 20-year-old defenceman, Jordan Rowley, who has a broken wrist. He should return sometime over the next two weeks. . . . They also are without D Emerson Hrynyk, 18, who has been out with a separated right shoulder since Oct. 5. . . . Prince Albert did get F Shane Danyluk back on Friday. He hadn’t played this season because of a high-ankle sprain suffered in training camp.
    So along with Nathan Deck, the Raiders are without Jordan Rowley and Emerson Hrynyk. The loss of Deck is a big one.

Losing your top 2 dmen is definitely a big blow. I mean that would be like Saskatoon losing Zahn and Siemens as a comparable and that would really hurt. Hopefully you guys can whether the storm for the next little bit. I actually like the Raiders as a team this year when they are healthy. I think the defence and offence has a good mix of young/old and size/skill.

It will help that both games this week are home games.

I think Bruno is working on something today, watch for an announcemnt later on this morning or early afternoon. Chilliwack?

Saw him in Humboldt yesterday talking with a scout from Prince George???Maybe something??

Deck is going to miss 4-6 weeks with a MCL problem.

Also Pitlick thinks that the penalty did not warrant anything more than a 2 minute minor

Emerson is still 3 weeks away from coming back to the line up

Rowley about 3 weeks as well
    www.childrenswish.ca

On the faceoff show on CKBI tonight, Bruno said:

Deck will miss 4 weeks and then be re-evaluated at that point.

Rowley has been fit with a smaller cast and was practicing today and although he wouldn't confirm that Rowley will play this weekend, he said a couple weeks for him only at most.

He said that they will likely use the same lines that they ended the Lethbridge game with. This included using McNeil on the point once again.

He liked how RJ Reed played in the first two games. He said RJ had 8 shots on goal and 4 hits in those games.

Thought Danyluk looked very good and was happy with that.

Also for what it is worth, he said there will be no trades at all coming up to sure up the defence. If anything, he will call up Wasylenko, Atwal or Morrissey he said.

He also went on to say once again that the Raiders are likely the fittest team in the WHL. I guess they are at cooking class tonight (the guys not in high school), apparently they are all taking a cooking class.

He said he didn't want to make excuses but blamed the 9-2 loss on the fact they just came back from a lengthy road trip and that he pushed them too hard with systems play when they got back.

He said with Rowley and Deck out, it gives the youngsters a chance to play in situations they wouldn't normally play in. He says they will be better for it and be a better team when the veterans return.

He also said that there will be no trades to sure up the defence. He said if anything he will call-up Morrissey, Wasylenko or Atwal.
    Last edited by Hockey Spy; 10-25-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added information.

That radio show is a big joke i havent heard it in a year now

All Bruno and Drew do is beat around the bush and barrely give the fans any straight answers !

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Spy View Post
    Also for what it is worth, he said there will be no trades at all coming up to sure up the defence. If anything, he will call up Wasylenko, Atwal or Morrissey he said.

He also said that there will be no trades to sure up the defence. He said if anything he will call-up Morrissey, Wasylenko or Atwal.
    He didn't happen to say anything about calling up Wasylenko, Morrissey or Atwal at all did he?..LOL

He said that there would not be any trades and that they may look at calling up any of those three players you mention if need be yes.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    That radio show is a big joke i havent heard it in a year now

All Bruno and Drew do is beat around the bush and barrely give the fans any straight answers !
    I couldn't agree more. In fact I'm sure that movement from Bruno's lips can be detected when Drew speaks.

As for being the fittest team in the league ..... how would he know?