Quote Originally Posted by Broncs in RD View Post
For all of you who have had season tickets and have been FANS for many years and want to pull the plug on this team, give your head a shake.
It is plain and simple cancel your season tickets and watch this team leave town. I guess it would be better for all you so called fans of the broncos to watch the team leave than go to the game and watch GREAT hockey and take it for what it is worth. "JUNIOR HOCKEY"
No matter what coach we have had people *****, no matter what type of team we have had people *****.
Todd Mcllelan-too defensive
Mcewan-Only played two line
Dean-Bad coach not enough skill
Now Lamb-No toughness,
The WHL is a unique league, there are only soo many young superstars and in this league you have to make due with what you got on your roster. Teams are very unlikely to trade you their superstar for your 3-4 liners. Tough guys are hard to come by these days.
My last point
If the Broncos were to go and make a run at it this year and trade for a tough guy, 2 higher end forwards and a defencemen, what would we have to give up. Richards, Howorko, draft picks, Vause, Blanke. So for this one year we get rid of our youth to help us in 2 years time, not that bad unless you have fans who would not show up to games in 2 years time because the team is no good. In swift we need to be competitive every year to make ends meet, and this year we are sitting 2nd in the EAST right where people had us slated, so why all the *****ing????
I dont get the chance to go to many WHL games anymore, but when I am back in Swift I always try and make 1 or 2 because I love the game no matter if we win or lose, as long as we can go to our little barn and watch great hockey. The Broncos mean a lot to this city so dont take things for granted.
Great post. Having said that, for me , the jury is still out on Lamb, but he deserves this year to show us the direction he is taking this team. It is way to early to panic and turn in your season tickets. Even if we were a ****ty team (and were not) Eakin and Dowling are worth the price of admission alone. I feel privleged to be able to watch them play in my hometown.

Is this a great team...No it it isn't. But it is a good team and on most nights battles hard. It's the consistency issue that bothers me the most. The 3 losses to the Pats boggles my mind.

Lamb's downside for me right now is his not rolling all four lines and leaving the top lines fatigued in the third period or for the second game in 2 nights or 3 nights. The top line guys are also working the PP and the PK.

As I stated earlier it will be interesting to see what direction Lamb takes with this team. There is only so much trading he can do to change the complexion of this team but I am sure he is working on it.

Is it time to turn in your season tickets???????? HELL NO!!!!!!!!! Get out and support this franchise. We are very lucky to have them. It is easy to piss and moan but be careful of what you wish for.