Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: KISS 2 POINTS GOOD-BYE

Quote Originally Posted by Broncs in RD View Post
    For all of you who have had season tickets and have been FANS for many years and want to pull the plug on this team, give your head a shake.
    It is plain and simple cancel your season tickets and watch this team leave town. I guess it would be better for all you so called fans of the broncos to watch the team leave than go to the game and watch GREAT hockey and take it for what it is worth. "JUNIOR HOCKEY"
    No matter what coach we have had people *****, no matter what type of team we have had people *****.
    Todd Mcllelan-too defensive
    Mcewan-Only played two line
    Dean-Bad coach not enough skill
    Now Lamb-No toughness,
    The WHL is a unique league, there are only soo many young superstars and in this league you have to make due with what you got on your roster. Teams are very unlikely to trade you their superstar for your 3-4 liners. Tough guys are hard to come by these days.
    My last point
    If the Broncos were to go and make a run at it this year and trade for a tough guy, 2 higher end forwards and a defencemen, what would we have to give up. Richards, Howorko, draft picks, Vause, Blanke. So for this one year we get rid of our youth to help us in 2 years time, not that bad unless you have fans who would not show up to games in 2 years time because the team is no good. In swift we need to be competitive every year to make ends meet, and this year we are sitting 2nd in the EAST right where people had us slated, so why all the *****ing????
    I dont get the chance to go to many WHL games anymore, but when I am back in Swift I always try and make 1 or 2 because I love the game no matter if we win or lose, as long as we can go to our little barn and watch great hockey. The Broncos mean a lot to this city so dont take things for granted.
    Great post. Having said that, for me , the jury is still out on Lamb, but he deserves this year to show us the direction he is taking this team. It is way to early to panic and turn in your season tickets. Even if we were a ****ty team (and were not) Eakin and Dowling are worth the price of admission alone. I feel privleged to be able to watch them play in my hometown.

Is this a great team...No it it isn't. But it is a good team and on most nights battles hard. It's the consistency issue that bothers me the most. The 3 losses to the Pats boggles my mind.

Lamb's downside for me right now is his not rolling all four lines and leaving the top lines fatigued in the third period or for the second game in 2 nights or 3 nights. The top line guys are also working the PP and the PK.

As I stated earlier it will be interesting to see what direction Lamb takes with this team. There is only so much trading he can do to change the complexion of this team but I am sure he is working on it.

Is it time to turn in your season tickets???????? HELL NO!!!!!!!!! Get out and support this franchise. We are very lucky to have them. It is easy to piss and moan but be careful of what you wish for.

Yep, lets not jump on our coach or our team!! Its easy to ***** and complain behind an annonymous name but "handing in your tickets"??...Welcome to hockey boys!! Ups and downs, every team has them. Nedomel has brought us toughness for years to come, can only get better and tougher and he was brought in by Mark. Our defense is young and part of that is having to go thru growing pains and offense is some of the best in the league!! We are 2nd in our division...nothing wrong with that!!! Get off these rants on our coach and team!! We have grit, maybe not the most but not worth constantly complaining about!! I too think we need a tough guy, Lamb said so himself, so obviously they are hard to find!!! Stop *****ing, start cheering, if this early in the season makes you hand in your tickets then so long, never needed you anyway!! We should all be glad we don't live in P.A. and have a crappy team with cranky players with beds full of bugs!!!! Pick on those dick heads...not our Broncos!!!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Get off the soapbox people. You blindly support mediocrity for years and years and you tell me to give my head a shake? Perfect. I dont expect first place every year but once every 3 or 4 years is within reason. Guess losers accept it. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by dodywood4ever View Post
    Get off the soapbox people. You blindly support mediocrity for years and years and you tell me to give my head a shake? Perfect. I dont expect first place every year but once every 3 or 4 years is within reason. Guess losers accept it. Enjoy.
    Actually, I don't think you call people like that losers, I believe they are called 'FANS'. If you are jumping off now don't bother coming back when the team is good because us 'FANS' who stay on the whole time don't need you!

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    Actually, I don't think you call people like that losers, I believe they are called 'FANS'. If you are jumping off now don't bother coming back when the team is good because us 'FANS' who stay on the whole time don't need you!
    Maybe you don't need them but the Broncos need as many butts in the seats as they can get at any time. Fans aren't happy for whatever reason and it shows by all the empty seats. You're telling paying customers to never come back? Fans don't start coming= Broncos move. League is just looking to approve a move to a bigger money market.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!