Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wasting Players Time

Default Wasting Players Time

I hate to harp on some issues but I have to. This post is directed straight to Mark Lamb. Why do you seem hell bent on wasting some players time. Its shameful what you are doing to some great young kids on this team. Derko and Bruce why did you even dress them last night. All they did was ride the bench got what 1 maybe 2 shifts for the entire game. That is disgraceful when we have all the injuries we do. If you actually spent some time developing hockey players (you do realize this is a developmental hockey league) we would have a chance when players get injured. Instead we have a bunch of guys ride the bench getiing 1 to 3 shifts per game and then injury bug hits and now the get ice time but dont produce because they SAT on YOUR bench. Wow way to sell the TEAM attitude. Dont get me started on your favorites cause we all know you have them its just most coaches arent as open as you are in showing the other players who their favorite players are.

And lets think why players have started to get hurt. Two reasons for that. 1) You usually are a 2 to 2.5 line coach so YOUR FAVORITES are dog ass tired and we are not even close to the xmas break
    2) We are do damn small. Somewhere this orgainization has bought into the philosoghy that smaller is better. Look at the teams everywhere else they have 2 maybe 3 smaller guys not 7 or 8. This is not entirelly Marks fault but he hasnt changed that philosphy either look at the size of players he drafted this year.

I still love the Broncos but as always it the players I enjoy most about this team. Some adjustments need to be made by the coaching staff to have a better team. Rant over for today. Have ater boys you can agree or disagree I could care less what you think about my post to be honest its some things I feel need to be made.
    Don't take life so seriously...you can't get out of it alive.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

We all want to win and I am sure they would have seen more ice time had the game been different, also we were playing four defensemen. These young rookies don't have much of a defensive game that your forwards are forced to play when your down to four dog tired dmen. I'll take Lamb over Dean, ANYDAY!
    Always Remembered

I would like to simply mention that if you do the math, SC is something like the 11th biggest team in the WHL (out of 22 teams). So there are teams that are smaller then our home team.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead View Post
    I'll take Lamb over Dean, ANYDAY!
    Never said I wanted Dean back. Just if we hope to develope any players we have to play the whole team. Its not just one game either. He will lose the players confidence if this continues is all im saying.

And we may be the 11th biggest team but we dont have the systems designed to take addvantage of it. Look at Spokane they use their size especially on defence to their advantage. They play the player first to take the player out of the play our systems are to play the puck first which is why we give up so many shots on most nights.
    Last edited by transplantedbronco; 11-07-2010 at 10:37 AM.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

the days of a 2 line team is gone. The coaching, and scouting staff have to be on the same pages when you pick your young talent. The turn around in this league is short 3-4yrs so you need to play all your players, and weed out the weak sooner than later. But in order to do that you have to play them to see how they grow and adapt. If Coach dosent do that then he has no place in this league period. He may be better than another coach but if he isnt developing players he should go.
    ________
    Avandia Class Action
    Last edited by lostsheep; 04-12-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Default defense advantage

Quote Originally Posted by transplantedbronco View Post
    Never said I wanted Dean back. Just if we hope to develope any players we have to play the whole team. Its not just one game either. He will lose the players confidence if this continues is all im saying.

And we may be the 11th biggest team but we dont have the systems designed to take addvantage of it. Look at Spokane they use their size especially on defence to their advantage. They play the player first to take the player out of the play our systems are to play the puck first which is why we give up so many shots on most nights.

Cowen took the player out but gave up a two on one which resulted in the Broncos scoring a goal.

It was a strange game last night and we are riddled with injuries, I think we did good with what he had to put on the ice.And although we were outshot bad, they were shouting from everywhere, trying to rattle our rookie goalie. Not a game to get worried about,imo. Rookie Smith was awesome in his first WHL start. Good job Austin!
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by transplantedbronco View Post

If we had our normal line up, I honestly believe our transition/speed game would have destroyed Spokane last night. But playing 9 forwards and 4 defenseman the entire game really killed us.

Its not just one game. Pay attention as to who gets the icetime when we have a full lineup or not. We have too many guys seeing too little ice time is all I am saying. There has been 1 game where we have rolled all lines and that was the lopsided loss to regina. Thats what I have an issue with. Why dress some guys at all if you are only going to give them one maybe two shifts a game. How many times did Derko or Bruce touch the ice. Maybe twice in a 60 minute game. Yeah thats really good for them.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by CHtoo View Post
    Cowen took the player out but gave up a two on one which resulted in the Broncos scoring a goal.
    And we give up soft goals with all five players on the ice. It comes down to the systems. I would much rather see some bodies get hit and give up a goal than having five guys skating around and circles and still give up a goal.

BRONCOS 4 LIFE