Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wasting Players Time

Default Hmmm

Either way you give up a goal. How you do it doesn't matter.
    The goal is to score more than your opponent which ever way you can.

You're failing to mention that Spokane's first goal came with Derko and Bruce on the ice, which I think may have been their first shift of the game?

Could be wrong, but it was Derkos second shift and Bruces first shift. They where nailed to the bench afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by transplantedbronco View Post
    I hate to harp on some issues but I have to. This post is directed straight to Mark Lamb. Why do you seem hell bent on wasting some players time. Its shameful what you are doing to some great young kids on this team. Derko and Bruce why did you even dress them last night. All they did was ride the bench got what 1 maybe 2 shifts for the entire game. That is disgraceful when we have all the injuries we do. If you actually spent some time developing hockey players (you do realize this is a developmental hockey league) we would have a chance when players get injured. Instead we have a bunch of guys ride the bench getiing 1 to 3 shifts per game and then injury bug hits and now the get ice time but dont produce because they SAT on YOUR bench. Wow way to sell the TEAM attitude. Dont get me started on your favorites cause we all know you have them its just most coaches arent as open as you are in showing the other players who their favorite players are.

And lets think why players have started to get hurt. Two reasons for that. 1) You usually are a 2 to 2.5 line coach so YOUR FAVORITES are dog ass tired and we are not even close to the xmas break
    2) We are do damn small. Somewhere this orgainization has bought into the philosoghy that smaller is better. Look at the teams everywhere else they have 2 maybe 3 smaller guys not 7 or 8. This is not entirelly Marks fault but he hasnt changed that philosphy either look at the size of players he drafted this year.

I still love the Broncos but as always it the players I enjoy most about this team. Some adjustments need to be made by the coaching staff to have a better team. Rant over for today. Have ater boys you can agree or disagree I could care less what you think about my post to be honest its some things I feel need to be made.
    give Lamb a chance. This is year two of his term here and it takes time to "stamp" your name on the team. We are still somewhat Deans team and this takes time.
    Last edited by Flathead; 11-07-2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: stick to hockey talk please

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

I hope the bench gets used a bit on Tues. We will have five healthy defensemen (unless we call up one) and with a big team like Portland, it would make some sence to roll some lines.

Default call ups

Rumor has is Zac Mackay and Tanner Clark will both be in the line-up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by stick boy View Post
    Rumor has is Zac Mackay and Tanner Clark will both be in the line-up tonight.
    Not a rumor. Mackay and Clark will be in the lineup tonight. Also Sullivan has left the team. Press release on the Bronco website.

i assume they didn't play much but how did they look out there

No complaints about either guy really on my end. Unless I blinked at the wrong time, I don't think Mackay saw a shift last night. Still a good experience for the guy to hang around with the team and get an up close feel for WHL level hockey against one of the top teams in the league.
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

Blades play Portland in 2 days what can us fans expect from them are the a very very fast team do they play in your face what is it and how can we beat them thanks