Thread: 20 year old dillema...

Default 20 year old dillema...

You have to wonder whether Moose Jaw management are kicking themselves for naming Spencer Edwards as team captain prior to the start of the season. The fact of the matter is, unless they have a pre-ordained trade in the works, that Hood, Rowinski, and Heemskerk are much more valuable twenty year olds. Clearly, the writing is on the wall that Hood is the odd man out(I think), but you can't help but wonder if that will be a mistake later on.

Unless, Moose Jaw management is taking a different approach to this. What if they have a plan to make a trade involving a goaltender, and thus giving Heemskerk his walking players. Packaging up a 17 year old prospect and a couple of picks for an experienced 18/19 goaltender may be the wisest move for the sake of this year. I don't see this as a likely possiblity, but like I said earlier, I'm not in agreeance of Hood being the odd man out. That will most definitily hinder the 2010/2011 Warriors.

I think management would look pretty silly if they traded heemskerk at this point. He coming off a stellar performance against seattle, and stone, who has shown he can play, is not ready to start. Edwards is the right choice to be captain. That decision obviously wasn't based on his goal scoring ability, but on his work ethic and vetran presence. I think that the team is in a good position. They have two marketable players in hood or rowinski. Hoods performance so far and rowinski's injury history may make rowinski the odd man out. Management did make the right decision by dumping frazee early. He is not even close to rowinski or hood. Besides trying to get the rookies to fight this weekend, he wasn't even a factor against the warriors.