Thread: Eakin

Default Eakin

I don't know if anyone else is noticing how lazy eakin has looked this year. Last Year i would have said eakin would give eberle a run for his money. This year eakin has come back thinking he just waiting it out until he gets to play pro. Eberle when coming back played like a man determined to set the league on it's ear. On the broncos this year eakin has not looked even close to the level of effort of Novotony, Dowling, Peddle or vause. I hope he just starts to pick up his effort level and starts to contribute like we know he can.

Section L i agree with you 100%, but then i don't think this team has played anywhere close to there calibur. I thought tonight was one of the most gutsy efforts we have seen out of this team this yr & if they brought that kind of effort every night, we would be leading this division hands down. There is not a chance in hell this team should be 10 & 11 with the talent we have on this team. I have said to different people that its time for Eakin to pick it up & lead by example.

It happens to some guys though, Getzlaff, Schenn last year, both of them played in fits and starts after they signed the big contract, maybe Eakin is the same?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Cody has been playing hurt for the last seven games or so with a bad hip! Try skating with bum hip. They are now resting him for 3-4 game which should have been done long ago for him to get healthy. So get the facts before you start bashing players.

The fans of this team are so funny sometimes. All there has been here and at Ernie's blog is bashing of the Broncos lately. So, last night the guys come out and almost beat the best team in the WHL with barely a resemblance of their regular roster and the only thread on here is *****ing about Cody! Really, that's the only thing to talk about after last night's performance??? How crazy is that, not to metion, as another poster said, the guy has had a hip injury for the last two weeks.

I came out of last night's game thinking this team has some serious potential when all the pieces come together. Players like Blanke, Nedomlel and Howorko looked great when given extra time last night and should only get better as the season goes on.

For all those posters and commentors complaining about the lack of entertainment value, where are your comments about last night's game and the players that stepped up? The only person who actually mentions the effort was Bronco Rep. It seems easy to say you aren't going to games anymore when we lose yet those same people don't have anything positive to say when the team does just want they asked for, entertain them and give everything they have.

It would be nice if we could get behind the guys when they are good too!

Here's to hoping the guys bring the same approach to this weekend's games as they did last night. I know I will be there for atleast one of the games cheering them on. Hopefully there are lots of others out as well!

I wasn't at the game last night (although it sounded good), if they play with the same drive and passion they will put up two wins on the weekend.

Last night was one of the more entertaining games I've watched us play this year, I agree if we can play with that much heart for the rest of the season we should be just fine down the stretch. It's games like last night that can really set the tone for a team over the next while.

As far as Eakin goes, being scratched last night confirmed exactly what I had suspected the last few games, that he still hasn't fully healed since his injury against Moose Jaw a couple weeks back. I'll be waiting until he's 100% before judging his perfomance more harshly.
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    The fans of this team are so funny sometimes. All there has been here and at Ernie's blog is bashing of the Broncos lately. So, last night the guys come out and almost beat the best team in the WHL with barely a resemblance of their regular roster and the only thread on here is *****ing about Cody! Really, that's the only thing to talk about after last night's performance??? How crazy is that, not to metion, as another poster said, the guy has had a hip injury for the last two weeks.

I came out of last night's game thinking this team has some serious potential when all the pieces come together. Players like Blanke, Nedomlel and Howorko looked great when given extra time last night and should only get better as the season goes on.

For all those posters and commentors complaining about the lack of entertainment value, where are your comments about last night's game and the players that stepped up? The only person who actually mentions the effort was Bronco Rep. It seems easy to say you aren't going to games anymore when we lose yet those same people don't have anything positive to say when the team does just want they asked for, entertain them and give everything they have.

It would be nice if we could get behind the guys when they are good too!

Here's to hoping the guys bring the same approach to this weekend's games as they did last night. I know I will be there for atleast one of the games cheering them on. Hopefully there are lots of others out as well!
    Ha Ha If you seen when i posted you'd have realized i wasn't able to attend last nights game. But with being a season ticket holder for 10 years i think i'm entitled to my opinion from time to time there champ. Since playing hurt Eakin has put up 9 points if we're saying he was hurt for the last 7 games, the 9 games before that when he was healthy had him put up 10 points. You can't tell me that you honestly think Cody has played like he can. His talent is through the roof but in thos first ten games he did not show it. I had a friend sitting beside me that knows hockey quiet well and thought eakin looked mediocre until the goalie was pulled for the other team. I'm not saying he won't return to form but am more wondering where his spark was in those first game.
    As far as getting behind the guys, my support in money in season tickets and cheering at the games should not be questioned. But when you pay to see a product and it is not delivered you have also paid for your right to have an opinion about the game. The broncos have showed flashes of brilliance this year and with some pieces added on the backend, mainly toughness we may make a deep run this year. But it's time for some to take a step back and realize that rose colored glasses are great for the floral business but not for hockey.
    I fully believe the broncos can be dynamite this year but you learn through failure and critiqueing, not through someone telling you about how you can do no wrong. I fully agree there needs to be alot more posts on bronco successes. Hoping for a successful weekend

Injury, no injury. I too have thought that Cody has played mediocre since he got back. But hopefully when he returns he will play up to his potential. I've heard people say though that he might be suffering from a little "Ian Whitetitus". Let's hope not.
    But anyways, last nights game was the best effort put forth this year, by far. Too bad we can't get the same effort with a healthy line up. The guys like Howorko, Derko, Clarke all really showed that they want and deserve more ice time! Good job guys. I also think that last nights game showed coach Lamb, that he can bench or scratch any veteran that isn't playing like they can and not be afraid to do it.
    Always Remembered