Thread: Kootenay Ice thought of the day

Default Kootenay Ice thought of the day

I was listening to the Jeff Chynoweth interview a few nights ago and he stated the possibility of picking up a 'home run' type of player at the deadline if he feels the Ice can Compete.

Now I'm no G.M. (in real life) but I think they have already proved they can compete with the best of them this year and would like to see a trade for one these type of players earlier rather than later.

My reasons are as follows: More time for players to gel. ex- in 02 Chynoweth pulled the Milroy trade in nov-dec (can't remember exactly when but if someone does please chime in), well before the deadline. Than on deadline day he picked up Dicaire for a little more tinkering. They ended up winning the mem cup that year. Another reason is (it sounds like) Brayden Schenn is going to become available here soon, he might be gone before the deadline. Plus if you do bring in a player like that, you might get more butts in the seats. Why wait to put buts in the seats if you can start now.

BTW, good game in Calgary tonight, Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by In the crowd View Post
    I was listening to the Jeff Chynoweth interview a few nights ago and he stated the possibility of picking up a 'home run' type of player at the deadline if he feels the Ice can Compete.

Now I'm no G.M. (in real life) but I think they have already proved they can compete with the best of them this year and would like to see a trade for one these type of players earlier rather than later.

My reasons are as follows: More time for players to gel. ex- in 02 Chynoweth pulled the Milroy trade in nov-dec (can't remember exactly when but if someone does please chime in), well before the deadline. Than on deadline day he picked up Dicaire for a little more tinkering. They ended up winning the mem cup that year. Another reason is (it sounds like) Brayden Schenn is going to become available here soon, he might be gone before the deadline. Plus if you do bring in a player like that, you might get more butts in the seats. Why wait to put buts in the seats if you can start now.

BTW, good game in Calgary tonight, Ice!
    Hey that is a good idea in theory, however teams are basically all in it at this point of the season, waiting for a potential trade themselves to make a push. It also isn't good for your fan base if you let go a blue chipper basically cashing in this season on them. Plus I think that you get a wider base of selection the tighter to the trade deadline that you deal.

The Hitmen are a good option I would love to see Bubnick here or Sylvester jr (odds of the later slimmer than Paris Hilton on a coke binge, sorry meant gum). I would hate to see any of the guys here go though.

After making the Ice faithful think that the Ice were out of the elite with 5-0 & 4-0 loss's back to back, they proved they are still for real with a couple more wins. Beating Portland in Portland is a good confidence booster for the fans.
    I still believe however that we need some offensive help though. Some one like Glennie, Ashton, Schenn (if he comes back to the WHL), Eakin or even Herrod or Parker from P.A. would make a great addition to this team.

Go Ice Go!

Default Trade

Ya it would be nice but why would JC want to get better? Last big trade we even made was 2002 and look what happened hmmmm....Since then he always wants to stand pat says everything costs to much....
    Well JC we have 2 first rd picks lets use one maybe...Heaven for-bid we make a big trade and make a run at this thing. I would hate to get the fans excited and want to come to the rink again. Looks like Schenn is going back to the W.....Now only if...... GO ICE GO

It's official, Schenn is back in the dub. Please please please please please please please please please please please please end up in an Ice uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by In the crowd View Post
    It's official, Schenn is back in the dub. Please please please please please please please please please please please please end up in an Ice uniform.
    That would be nice, But I hate to say it I could see him going to Portland or Saskatoon (his home town) before here. I would hate to see the Ice give up too much for him.

Iconwhl Deadline loooming

As long as they don't give up Sam Reinhart I say go for it.