Thread: GUHLE GONE

Default GUHLE GONE

We finally got down to our two goalies. Gulhe to Red Deer for LW Scheidl.
    Any thoughts?

http://www.whl.ca/article/rebels-acq...er-from-regina

RED DEER, AB – Jesse Wallin, Vice-President of Hockey Operations/Head Coach of the Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club, announced today that they have acquired 18-year old goaltender Dawson Guhle from the Regina Pats in exchange for 18-year old forward Lane Scheidl.

Guhle is in his second season in the Western Hockey League.

Also, 16-year old goaltender Bolton Pouliot has been reassigned to the Calgary Royals of the Alberta ‘AAA’ Midget Hockey League.

Dawson Guhle (GOO-lee)
    DOB: October 15, 1992
    HT: 6’0”
    WT: 168
    Hometown: Daysland, AB

Year Team GP MIN GA SO GAA
    2009-10 Regina 29 1488 94 1 3.79
    2010-11 Regina 5 202 21 0 6.25
    WHL Totals 34 1690 115 1 4.08

---------------------------------------------

Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats General Manager Chad Lang announced today that 18 year old goaltender, Dawson Guhle has been sent to the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for 18 year old left winger Lane Scheidl.

The 5’11” Saskatoon native is in his his 2nd full season in the WHL and split time between the Rebels and Vancouver Giants in 2009-10. This season with the Rebels, he has played in 20 games this season with 3 goals and 3 assists as well as a +4.

LW – Lane Scheidl
    5’11” 181lbs.
    Born: Jan 14/92
    Home: Saskatoon, SK.
    2010-11 Red Deer Rebels
    GP-20 G-3 A-3 Pts-6 +/- +4

“We would like to welcome Lane to our organization,” says Regina Pats General Manager, Chad Lang. “He is a young forward that has the potential to provide offense and will provide depth up front as well as experience both in the regular season and playoffs.”

Lang would also like to thank Dawson Guhle for his time with the Regina Pats and wish him all of the best with the Red Deer Rebels.
    The Pats will play their last home game tonight before embarking on their bi-annual trip through the BC Division. It’s a 7pm puck drop as the Brandon Wheat Kings here at the Brandt Centre. Members of the CFL West Division semi-final winning Saskatchewan Roughriders will be dropping the puck at centre ice.
    Dawson was kind of in a tough situation and I think this serves the Rebels well for next season if they so choose to go with a more experienced goaltender. As for Lane, well he gets to play closer to home and will have an opportunity to get more ice-time and play in all situations with a young Pats team. With the way Hewitt has emerged, I think Dawson knew he was going to be the odd man out. Good luck to both players in their new digs.

Eh...it was a tough situation. Even though Ive never been a Hewitt fan, Guhle did not thrive here.

Value wise, Red Deer wins. Guhle will be their starter next year, I have no doubt. And Scheidl probably wont do anything much here.

But obviously its better than just sending Guhle down to junior A and getting nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    And Scheidl probably wont do anything much here.
    If it makes you feel better at all, he is better than Cass Mappin... Scheidl had a rough start to training camp this season, and while he picked up his tempo towards the end of camp, he just wasn't able to get any ice time anywhere but on the checking line in the regular season. He is a hard worker, and if he gets a lot of ice time in Regina, I think he could wind up putting up 20-25 goals next season.

I really like this trade! Guhle has had a very dissapointing season for the Pats .I wish him well in Red Deer ,hopefully re can recapture his game.He showed alot of promise last year.I wouldnt bank on Guhle being handed the starting position next year.Red Deer has some depth in net.Cam Gorchinski is playing junior A in BC and has played spot duty for the Rebels and would be favoured to win the top spot.The Pats recieve Schiedl ,which will give the Pats some much needed depth.Look for Schiedl to step onto the third line.

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    Cam Gorchinski is playing junior A in BC and has played spot duty for the Rebels and would be favoured to win the top spot.
    As far as I am aware, Gorchynski was released by the Rebels after training camp, and is no longer on their protected list. He had absolutely no strengths or upside when he was here as a backup after the trade deadline a few seasons ago (after Morgan Clark was traded), and had an absolutely brutal training camp this season (I thought that even the 15 year olds were better). I have never seen Guhle play--but he can't possibly be worse than Gorchynski.

Gorchynski was also traded today, from Westside Warriors to the Victoria Grizzlies in the BCHL. Victoria has a number 1 goalie that plays 9 out of 10 games so Gorchynski will ride a lot of pine.