Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hitmen-Moose Jaw Trade

Just an update, Glover joined the Hitmen just before they departed for Brandon this morning. The Hitmen picked up both McMaster and Gayle in Moose Jaw. It wouldn't surprise me to see all 3 play tomorrow night vs the Wheaties.

They all played and they all played well.

Default How is this trade looking?

Glover was possibly going to be the man in MJ come the trade deadline. Of course he was going to have to prove he was/is the man. I am wondering how he has done in Calgary. I personally thought he made the wrong move with the team he was to have in front of him for the next 3 seasons. I could be wrong.

MacMaster and Gayle are both depth guys who could pt 20 plus each season. I really like the work ethic and heart they brought to the team. I miss them both actually. Not usually the case when we make a deal.

I know that Beach is a great player and playing with Honejsek he has been outstanding to say the least. We are 1 18 year old top line player away from being a dominant team next season. If we could find a way to get a Connolly or Weal or something along those lines or even a Bubnick from Calgary if they thought he may return as a 20 year old. The top 2 lines would be amazing next season. Howden and Connolly, Beach and Honejsek. Could be dynamite.

I know it is a dream but that is reasonable to do in this day and age.

Anyway, fill me on the ex Warriors. Sure love to see what you guys think of them.

MacMaster has been a real nice addition for the Hitmen. He gets lots of time on one of the top 2 lines and gets lots of pp time as well.

Gayle is noticeable most nights. He plays in the bottom 6 and hasn't done much offensively since the first couple games in a Hitmen jersey.

Glover has been okay. He is a very active goalie in the nets, I think he overplays too much and because of it, he is often really out of position and is forced to swim around in the crease. He has now found himself as the backup for 3 straight games.