Thread: WHL questions--Greetings from England

Default WHL questions--Greetings from England

Hello everyone, I just posted this message on the Lethbridge Hurricane section, but really want to extend my invitation to all fans of the WHL.

After following the NHL for 20 years now, from over here in England, I have developed an interest more in the Draft, you know, scouting (just my own hobby, lol, not professional lol) and learning about the CHL etc, and my goodness, it has been so so much fun!
    Having a blast listening to the OHLs Sarnia Sting games (thier Russian rookie Nail yakupov sounds like a star) , I then started to tune into CJOC for my late late night doses of WHL action -to hear of another Russian, Alexander Kuvaev playing in Lethbridge.
    Can any of the (very knowledgable) fans here fill me in with the WHL (any scouting, player reports etc)
    Theres not a great deal of info out there, which is surprising.
    Is the WHL considered the "tougher" of the CHL?
    Would love to hear about who are considered to be the Best Defencemen/ Best two way forward/ Toughest PLayer.etc....pretty much anything...
    (I know everyone has thier own favourites etc....which is great by me!)

By the time my TV and lap top were shut down, and I had finsished listening to the Sting, then the Lethbridge game, it was way after 4am UK time...lol.....
    Good job my wifes very "understanding"..lol
    Anyway, apart from the few clips I see on the teams website, its diificult to get some good scouting on the team, so I would love to hear more from the fans.
    All the very best
    Johnny Drummond (johnnydrummond@hotmail.co.uk)

Someone help this guy out!

As far as one of your questions in regards to the league being "touger" than the rest of the CHL...I would say it is. Atleast in regards to the style of play, physicality and defensive minded approach.

It's definitely a league that breeds good, tough defensive defenders and good two way forwards. Atleast that's what it is more famous for compared to the more offensive leagues out East.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Its a league which I find quite intriguing.
    The contrasts between the 3 CHL leagues seems vast.

Would love to read more, so am very keen to hear any opinions on the key players, so thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydrum View Post
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Its a league which I find quite intriguing.
    The contrasts between the 3 CHL leagues seems vast.

Would love to read more, so am very keen to hear any opinions on the key players, so thanks in advance.
    You may want to check out some of the various blogs located in the "Friends of WHLFans.ca" link at the top of the page. Have you visited the official WHL site? It's also located at the top of the page under the "Official WHL Team Links". Have a good day Johnnydrum.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am a regular visitor to the WHL official site, and it has improved, with its video clips ect...I think the blogs by others though are better when it comes to scouting and so forth.
    I would love to find some where that lists the top playmakers/top snipers/tp D men/Top goalies, you know.
    I am so intrigued by the whole CHL--how each league is so contrasting to each other.
    The games sound so intense.