Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Rielly

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    agreed that Reilly is a top end 16 year old.Other 16 year old dman that compare are Reinhart in Edmonton and Dumba in Red Deer .all three have bright futures in hockey
    Don't forget Ryan Murray in Everett, who could very well have the brightest future of all. (he was invited to the World Junior Camp already this year at age 16).

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    Don't forget Ryan Murray in Everett, who could very well have the brightest future of all. (he was invited to the World Junior Camp already this year at age 16).
    He's 17 now isn't he? 2nd year in the dub?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Yes, Ryan Murray is 17.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    He's 17 now isn't he? 2nd year in the dub?
    Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Yes, Ryan Murray is 17.
    Yeah, he has just turned 17. But he is 1993 born, so in regards to the NHL draft he is in his 16 year old season. (Not draft eligible til 2012).

Sorry, that's just how I tend to think of players...their NHL draft years, not necessarily their birthdays.

Yeah, he has just turned 17. But he is 1993 born, so in regards to the NHL draft he is in his 16 year old season. (Not draft eligible til 2012).

Sorry, that's just how I tend to think of players...their NHL draft years, not necessarily their birthdays.
    What age would you categorize Pulock?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

What age would you categorize Pulock?
    Well he's a 16 year old so he will be eligible for the 2012 NHL draft.

Well he's a 16 year old so he will be eligible for the 2012 NHL draft.
    He and Roy are oct 94's so I wasn't sure if maybe they'd be a year after Reilly and be 2013 draft eligible.

He and Roy are oct 94's so I wasn't sure if maybe they'd be a year after Reilly and be 2013 draft eligible.
    You know what, you may be right....

EDIT:

After doing some investigating I found that Nail Yakupov (an expected top 3 pick in the 2012 draft) actually was born on the exact same day as Pulock, except a year earlier, in 1993.

That would mean that Pulock would in fact be eligible for 2013.

Default Under sized?

U-17 roster lists Rieley as 6' and 200lbs. Last spring at the telus cup he was listed as 5-11 and 178.
    If those are accurate numbers he has added a lot of bulk for a kid who is expending the energy required to play the game he does. The undersized lable doesn't realy fit anymore.

Default Morgan Reilly

He skates better at 16 than Hamonic did. He isn't as tough but his skills are by far superior.

I realize that Dumba has 9 goals on the season. Last time I checked anyway, but i have see him play only a few times so it is hard to compare. I also know that Pouliot has the same points as Reilly but frankly I don't think at this point in time there is another skating defenseman that will keep up to Reilly. He is one of the most gifted players I have had the chance to watch play. One of the reasons I actually decided post on here and I haven't done that in a long time.

His skating, puck handling and playmaking set him apart. Believe it or not, he is physical enough. More than you really need him to be at this point. His passing and overall team play is just outstanding. He is rarely caught out of position. I think this is likley because he has superior skating.

If I had to cross this guy or compare him. I would say take a Jay Bouwmeester at 16 shrink him and give him about 80% better hands. He is not Elliot. He is not Barrie. I don't know if another dman with the same kind of skill set. I am sure there are better ones. Don't get me wrong but not too many kids can skate as fast or smooth as he can WITH the puck on his stick.

Someone said top 20... I would suggest top 10 and I think that is a lock at this point. Pushing for number 1 may not be out of the question. If he can add some muscle heading into next season. He could very well be a candidate for 1st overall. Just my thoughts. His willingness to work hard and be a sponge constantly is going to serve him well. He always wants to be better. Always improving. Just fun to watch.

My only fear is that will lose him at 18 to the NHL. That would just be wrong. What can you do.