Thread: 20-year old debate

Default 20-year old debate

Now that Prokop is back, which of the 20-yr olds (Reddick, Schmidt, Stebner and Prokop) will be released? Any thoughts? I wouldn't want to make this decision.

Releasing Schmidt or Stebner would leave them with 6 defensemen. Unless they very shortly make a deal for a defender, one would have to think it is Prokop or Reddick.

I'm guessing Prokop.

Like SnD said, letting go Schmidt or Stebner would give them 6 d unless a trade is made to get another d-man and I personally can't see TC letting go of Reddick.

Only time will tell but that's my guess

The twenty year old situation may have gotten more dicey. See other board.....

Iconwhl

I think it would be a no brainer in releasing Prokop the guy can hardly skate & his skill level is not much better then a avg 18yr old

Well, they kept Prokop and dealt Stebner.

http://www.amshockey.com/article/ame...ner-to-rockets

Americans Deal Stebner to Rockets
    Dec 07, 2010 0 Comment(s)
    Rate This Article 4/5 (1 Votes)

Share this with your friends!

KENNEWICK, WA – Tri-City Americans Governor/General Manager Bob Tory announced today that the team traded 20-year-old defenseman Zak Stebner and a 7th round pick in the 2011 Bantam Draft to the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for a 4th round pick in the 2011 Bantam Draft and a 8th round pick in the 2012 draft.

Stebner, listed at 6’3 206 pounds, was acquired by the Americans from the Calgary Hitmen on October 14. Since arriving in Tri-City, Stebner has played in 15 games, totaling seven assists and four penalty minutes. For his career, Stebner has played in 233 WHL games, between five different teams, while collecting 25 goals, 87 points and 298 penalty minutes.

With the move, Tri-City’s three overagers are defenseman Tyler Schmidt and forwards Kruise Reddick and Neal Prokop. After the deals today, Tri-City’s roster sits at 24 players (15 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goaltenders).

“This was one of the most difficult moves I’ve ever had to make,” explained Tory. “In the end, I had to do what was best for the hockey team, keeping in mind that I care for each of these players as individuals.”

“We wish Zak all the best in Kelowna and thank him for his contributions over the short time he was here.”