Thread: Early thoughts on some possible trades

Iconwhl Early thoughts on some possible trades

Im bored drunk almost passed out its 530am & im sure ill regret making this post when i check it in the afternoon to find people calling me a drunken fool lol thanks i prob need those comments.

My pick(s) are
    Schenn goes to Kootenay

Glennie to Tri-City think they will surprise alot in a prep for a run

Weibe to Portland they have a empty 20yr old spot

Ashton to Red Deer just think he would be a great addition for them

Frazee to PG They lack a true #1 C & think Taylor Stefishen would be shipped the other way, just a minor swap of 20 yr olds & roster player 17yr old. PG wont go after a big splash as they have alot of young talent they want to grow

Bubnick to Saskatoon Saskatoon will get 1 home grown boy & i think Bubnick adds skill & size into there lineup mainly skill

Tochkin to Moose Jaw MJ needs a true playmaker for Howden & lets face it MJ offense is very slim they live & die from there defense/goaltending

Davidson to Portland another depth trade for Portland more then anything. Davidson may not be among the stars in the league on the back end but his play in Regina is 1 of a few bright spots.

That is a great speculation post! If I were to sit down and pick teams where those players would go, it would be exactly that way.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Hope you are wrong, or at the very least don't give up anything particularly special for him. Never been impressed with his all-around game.

Davidson to Portland another depth trade for Portland more then anything. Davidson may not be among the stars in the league on the back end but his play in Regina is 1 of a few bright spots.
    He is almost a point per game, and not drafted or signed by an NHL team. He is not a high profile star in this league, but those are some good offensive numbers (especially for a defenseman) given the position the team he is playing on is in. Could very well be back next year and be a fantastic overage defenseman. I think they would be crazy to deal him, but they might for the right deal.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    He is almost a point per game, and not drafted or signed by an NHL team. He is not a high profile star in this league, but those are some good offensive numbers (especially for a defenseman) given the position the team he is playing on is in. Could very well be back next year and be a fantastic overage defenseman. I think they would be crazy to deal him, but they might for the right deal.

Actually Brandon Davidson is drafted.....Selected by Edmonton Oilers round 6 #162 overall 2010 NHL Entry Draft

& i agee he could be a great overager if infact he does return (which im sure he will) which is why the right deal would have to be there which would definately return a 17yr old with the medium range of terms of a prospect

good speculation for having had a few, and very early in the morning.

i'll be surprised if any brandon players are dealt before the jan 10 deadline. i'd guess mccrimmon will see where he is in the standings and if it makes sense pull the trigger then.

ashton is as good as gone. only a matter of where.

bubnick and mackenzie in calgary are going to be two valuable players come the deadline.

everett's season hasn't gone like they would've planned. no team is out of it in the west. standings are so tight, might make for few if any sellers in that conference. tochkin and maxwell might be available.

edmonton has nothing to deal. prince albert might make a push just to make the playoffs, after so many years of missing them.

lots of talk right now. i wouldn't expect anything big until after the world juniors.

Im bored drunk almost passed out its 530am & im sure ill regret making this post when i check it in the afternoon to find people calling me a drunken fool lol thanks i prob need those comments.

My pick(s) are
    Schenn goes to Kootenay

Glennie to Tri-City think they will surprise alot in a prep for a run

Weibe to Portland they have a empty 20yr old spot

Frazee to PG They lack a true #1 C & think Taylor Stefishen would be shipped the other way, just a minor swap of 20 yr olds & roster player 17yr old. PG wont go after a big splash as they have alot of young talent they want to grow

Bubnick to Saskatoon Saskatoon will get 1 home grown boy & i think Bubnick adds skill & size into there lineup mainly skill

Tochkin to Moose Jaw MJ needs a true playmaker for Howden & lets face it MJ offense is very slim they live & die from there defense/goaltending

Iconwhl

im sure glad someone thinks they are decent speculations :P as dumb arse westcoast apparently thinks Stefishen (a rookie 20 yr old) is a better player then Frazee is lol

Matt McKenzie would look good in Chilliwack. With Calgary suffering as bad as they are...what would it take to move him?

Very tight race in the BC division, but I think that Chilliwack will still be buyers at the deadline, as they will lose some key performers next season. A great two-way defenseman like McKenzie, or even a tough stay-at-home shutdown defenseman would be a missing piece of the puzzle in Chilliwack.

Quote Originally Posted by rednex50 View Post
    Matt McKenzie would look good in Chilliwack. With Calgary suffering as bad as they are...what would it take to move him?
    Trading MacKenzie is a tough call for Calgary because it's probably at least 50/50 that he is back in the WHL as an overager next year. The Sabres have until May 2012 to sign him. So if you're the Hitmen, you might not want to trade a guy who would be one of the better overagers in the league next year.

Also, Calgary's defence is very young and inexperienced this year and that's a big part of why they are so low in the standings. Trading Mackenzie is only going to make that problem worse.

He has had a so-so year this year so his value is probably not as high as it would be if he were playing like he did in the playoffs last year. But if they were going to move him, and using the Ashton deal as a yardstick, then I would say it probably costs you at least a 17 or 18 year old defenceman off your roster, plus a high pick. Maybe not a first round pick.....2nd rounder maybe? And there would have to be conditional compensation built into the deal too so that Calgary gets something else if Mackenzie returns as an overager - like a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick or something.

So would you give up, say, Stahl and a 2011 2nd rounder for Mackenzie, plus a 2012 2nd rounder if he came back as an overage?

Iconwhl

Well i got the division right for Frazee & i was right about a swap of 20yr olds with a 17yr old in return but also brought back a 3rd pick as well.

Wish Frazee the best of luck heading back to his home province of BC, he was a treat to see in the blue & white for 30ish games just a year to late if u ask me.