Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Rebels Booster Club

Default No Rebels Booster Club

The Application for an official Booster Club has been denied. After Careful planning, development of bylaws and structure, and after an inital meeting with some of the Rebels staff, who were quite pleased and excited about what we came to them with, Brent Sutter has declined our application to start an official Red Deer Rebels Booster Club.

According to the conversation i had with the Rebels office, Mr. Sutter said he has seen booster clubs in other organizations, both NHL And WHL and doesn't think the Rebels need to be associated with one.

I understand that Mr. Sutter was part of the movement to disban the last booster club, and i heard there were still some bad feelings over it, but I thought with the planning and Professionalism that went into the proposal, It would be a no-brainer.

I thought wrong.

Thanks to RDReb, and Tiny for their help with the proposal.

EDIT - For Spelling and Grammer (Bad spellers of the world Untie)
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Lightbulb

I thought the group that came on the US trip were the boosters.
    You guys sure had the enthusiasm and organization of a great booster club. I hope it all works out for you guys. I just dont understand why an organization wouldnt want a good booster club behind them???

kind of....we were just a fan bus, but it was a trip we organized to show the rebels that we were ready to have an official booster club. I organized that all myself (with some help from RDREB and Tiny). No booster club involved.

Speaking of bus trips, HAF, you comming to Red Deer This year??
    Shinyshoes
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

I'm sorry to hear you guys were denied a booster club. I hope that in the future you guys will try again.

Nothing he can do about you crazy fans supporting the team!!

See you all in the fall! I can't wait!

Kristi
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Shinyshoes
    kind of....we were just a fan bus, but it was a trip we organized to show the rebels that we were ready to have an official booster club. I organized that all myself (with some help from RDREB and Tiny). No booster club involved.

Speaking of bus trips, HAF, you comming to Red Deer This year??
    I'm waiting for the schedule to come out. If it falls into a slow time at work the chances are pretty good that I will.

Unhappy booster club...

I have mixed feelings about this... Personally I'd like to know "WHY" Sutter doesn't want a Booster Club in Red Deer. I think those of us that were interested in persuing the idea have a right to know what his problem with it is. Just because there were problems before, doesn't mean there will be again. As a season ticket holder, I think we have a right to know what the issues were and are now... I've heard that there were incidents in the past as well, although I've never heard what they were, but by the same token, that was alot of years ago, the team is different, the fans, I think for the most part, are well behaved, (there's a few in every crowd...) and the front office staff is different...this just doesn't sit all that well with me...just my opinion... :skeptical
    FrontRow Fan
    Herb Brooks: " The name on the front is a helluva lot more important than the one on the back!!" :burningma

Bada Bing Guest

Thumbs down Agreed

I totally agree with Frontrow. I find his denial very disappointing and would like to know his real reasons!

I thought you were a shoo-in to form a formal Booster Club. Hopefully this is only a minor setback for you guys, and you will be able to form one in the near future. It will be interesting to see if Sutter says why didn't allow it to be formed.

I am hoping that you still do all your bus trips, and come down to Calgary (Airdrie and Lacombe in the pre-season) so we can see you more often this season.

In my opinion, if you can still do your bus trips, and continue to be loud and supportive, then i think Mr. Sutter will realize that you alreay are a 'Booster Club'.

Looking forward to next season already!!

Taz

Thumbs down problem?

Shiney....can you tell us what his reasons for "denying" the booster club are?
    Does he figure this will be a problem for the players? I've heard some coaches don't like the time that the kids have to put into public appearances, it takes too much time away from the "hockey"...
    I don't know ...this kinda ticks me off!!!
    I "love" Rebels hockey.... and we pay alot of money for season tickets, and if I want to participate in a booster club...supporting HIS team...I don't understand what the problem is..... just my opinion... was really looking forward to the club!!
    FrontRow Fan
    Herb Brooks: " The name on the front is a helluva lot more important than the one on the back!!" :burningma

Quote Originally Posted by frontrow fan
    Shiney....can you tell us what his reasons for "denying" the booster club are?
    You already know as much as I do. Sorry....
    Shinyshoes
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!