Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SAS/VAN Trade

Default SAS/VAN Trade

Blades acquire Tanner Sohn from Vancouver for a 10th rounder in 2013

Sure, this gives us more depth on defence, but that leaves us with 8 D-Men now. Who sits? I would think it'd be Stipancik and Dietz?

Only chance sohn plays is if deitz gets hurt sohn aint that great hense the 10th round pick

I don't get this deal...unless there's one more deal that hasn't been announced.
    Don't get why Dietz would sit. He's done well this year.

Dietz won't sit.

Stipancik is a huge question mark and I doubt the team wants to count on him in case of injury.

Speaking of injury, Thrower has a concussion and I don't think the team wants to have to give Stipancik more than a few minutes a night to start out.

This is simply a "just in case" move. Nothing more, nothing less.

If the team wants to go deep into playoffs, they need serviceable bodies at ALL POSITIONS. Duh.

You know what I noticed, Tanner Sohn has been part of the Blades organization before has he? I thought we traded him somewhere, maybe it's just me.

Yeah he only played four games for us but I do remember seeing him play, can't remember much about him though, good enough if anyone gets injured, sucks about Thrower though...

Very strange deal since he'll play this weekend for the Blades and then be returned here to the Bobcats. I realize it gives the Blades depth, but I just don't see the point of trading a draft pick for a player who will play in Lloydminster.

The only thing I wonder is do the Blades have a potential injury on D, that they want a player who is WHL caliber that is nearby?

Playing here in Lloydminster isnt the worst thing, its close to toon town and there is the chance of call ups at any moment when it gets closer to the playoffs. Plus i get to watch both teams play
    ________
    Amateur Videos Xxx
    Last edited by lostsheep; 04-12-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Interesting that you say he will be playing in Lloyd...according to who? Lorne?

Because I know for a fact that after this trade, Braeden Johnson has been released by the team and is going to play in the SJHL.

I think Johhnson was released because they had acquired Sohn and taken up another roster spot....