Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Direction is this Team Going?

Default Which Direction is this Team Going?

With the first half of the season behind us, what direction does everyone think this team is going? Are we playoff bound with the amount of injuries we have to overcome? Do we sell players like Eakin and plan for the future? Do we wait for health to come back and hope for the best in the postseason? I'm not sure. If I was to bet, I think Lamb will load up for a playoff run this year, however that is pure speculation. Sitting in 6th place is not bad but we could be in for a slide with Eakin being gone and all our injuries. Gonna be tough to make trades with injured players I would think. Just curious to hear opinions.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

I would say your Bronco's will finish in the 6th-9th range. Meaning, if you make the playoffs you'll play Saskatoon, Kootenay, MH or RD which in my opinion would mean a very quick exit. If I were Lamb, I would load up or else he'll be a LAMB TO SLAUGHTER!

He might have to move some big assets like Eakin or Dowling just to fill voids left by Wagner, Hutt, Derko and even Novotny depending on just how tender his knee really is. Haven't heard anything on Hoban yet. The first three guys are gone for January at least and you can't replace them with call ups and hope everyone else stays healthy. Although I see we picked up Graham Black from Edmonton for an 8th rounder. No idea who he is or what he brings.

Broncos aquired 17 year old Graham Black from the Oilkings. Plays for the Regina Pat Canadians. Leading scorer in the Midget AAA.

If we move Eakin, I hope it is to Portland. Not sure if it possible, but would like this deal
    Eakin, Rogers, Dowling and Verdino
    for
    Ross, Pouliot, Boychuk and 1st round pick

Portlands top 2 lines would be deadly
    Niederrieter-Johanson-Eakin
    Bartschi-Dowling-Rattie
    Gabriel-Leipsic- Bennet

Swift has a line-up that would /could contend next year.
    The top 2 lines would be very big and powerful 3rd line would be young and very skilled.
    Ross-Wagner-Hutt
    Boychuk-Vause-Lowry
    Howorko-Mackay-Black (this could be our 4th line as well.)

D would be unreal
    Scarlett-Pouliot
    Muth-Clark
    Nedomlel-Craig.
    Heathrington

To fill out our lines we have a abundance of players to be traded still. Evans, Franczyk, Aasman, Hoban, Peddel, Richardos(doubt he will come to swift) so try and get something for him.
    I would like the Broncos to trade their assets this year, if we get the right deal that makes us contend next year and the year after.

The only thing that worries me the majority of the "fans" in the iplex would get pissed off and not come to games cause they cant see the "big" picture.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

I like your Portland trade. From what it appears to be, it's a sellers market this year, meaning trading away something good now will bring big dividends later. I think fans understand the big picture, but at the same time attendance can't get any worse this year! It'll be an interesting next few weeks, no matter what, we need to support our guys!!!!!

I don't mind the way you're team is this year you have had just real terrible luck with injuries you guys showed you can hang with us pretty good the only thing you guys are missing from being a Blades team is being healthy and a Stefan Elliott

I can see both ends of the ideaoligy here. I understand the temptation of looking at our current roster and say that if we where healthy and could add a high end defenseman we could do something.
    I also understand that we could get a lot for our high end players and be well off for the future. I believe that most of the fans would understand it as well.

I don't think Lamb has it in him to trade Eakin, Dowling and co. this year though. I do think that Hoban and Verdino will be moved for 18 yr players to balance out our age groups a bit more. I also think that we will attempt to get a good defenseman by dangling Craig (I think he has fallen behind the other 17 yr old defensmen). If he does decide to deal for teh future, I hope that Friesen is moved as there is no reason to keep a 20 yr old tender when you aren't trying to win a title.

If I was in charge, I would move my older pieces for 16-18 year olds and not draft picks. There is more certainy to getting a tangible asset. I also wouldn't discriminate as to where I made the trade, so long as they give the best package. So if Saskatoon would include one of their "elite" 16/17 yr olds for Eakin, I would be game.

Well said Toswammi!! Pretty tough calls for our GM! Niedomel is someone I hope we keep, his play has come a long way and he will be a force in this league! Who will be our forwards of the future though? I know our Defense will be steller, but other than Lowry who do we really have up front for the future?

I am not a Lamb hatter, I actually like what he has done, but if he doesn't have it in him to trade Eakin, Dowling etc. He is the wrong man for the job. Unless he can pull off a miracle trade get a top tier dman, depth at f and a tough guy. Look at Regina last year they could have been ahead of the game if eberle and toolbert were traded for prospects and players.
    To me Saskatoon and Portland are in the best situation to deal with. They are in a need to win now mode. Hope it happens as the broncos could benefit for years to come. Which is what we need to do in a small market.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Personally I see Eakin traded to Kooteny...I beleive they have two first round picks so that would be interesting. Only time will tell what sort of trades Lamb makes.