Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Direction is this Team Going?

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    If thats the case u can trade the Pats Hoban or Peddle as 1 of our 20 yr olds next year. I cant believe Hutt is even in those talks as a 20 yrold next season. He is just too small & is a very poor skater to even be considered as a 20 yr old in the WHL.

Only reason I say id love to see Hoban or Peddle in a Pats jersey next season is cuz i dont think Davidson will be back as a 20 yr old next year, EDM D is very thin especially in the AHL & that is where Davidson will be. The Oilers are very high on Davidson as he is maturing into a solid all around Dman each & every day. Pro hockey is definately in the future for Davidson. Also no need for the Pats to keep Ketlo around for a 20 yr old Dman so we would have an opening & Peddle or Hoban would be a great fit, If the Broncos keep who u say they are keeping for 20s next year.
    If Hutt can put up 30 goals, thats good enough for some teams to give a 20 year old spot. That being said, I dont really want any of those three on the pats next year, since there is a reason why Vause and Wagner would have spots locked down before Hoban and Hutt.

Also, the Oilers would have to be 'very high' on something if they dont consider keeping Davidson down in the WHL next year. This is only Davidsons second year, and he hasnt seen any playoff games yet. If he doesnt get traded to a playoff team this year, he would next year if the pats arent better.

And no need for Ketlo? You might be the only one who is tired of having inexperienced goaltending. If Ketlo plays reliable next year as a 20, we better damn well keep him because I dont trust Hewitt as the starter.

Default Not looking good

Broncos lose & Oil Kings win. Broncos now in 7th and Edmonton has 4 games in hand. I hope Lamb is working the phones.

According to some Saskatoon fans, Lamb did a radio interview with Lazurak when we last played there and he led those Saskatoon listeners to believe that he was going to make a run at getting better and going deep in the playoffs. That means we will be a team that loads up on talent and shoot to win this year, does it not? Maybe things have changed since then, not sure.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Yesturday was pretty abysmal, and today has been even worse (so far). You would have to think that trading for the future has to be more likely now.

Ouch getting beat by a team worse then you is one thing. Getting absolutely destroyed is another entirely different thing.

Just think, it won't easier tomorrow as the Blades will come to town. Shouldn't have to explain my expectations for that game.

And one last thought. FYI. Regina are 9 points behind us. But also have 4 games in hand.

Yep, this is terrible! I'm thinking the future is the way to go.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Goaltenders appeared to be off tonight, we didn't get the bounces like the Hurricanes were getting...it was one of those games. I wouldn't sell the farm after a game like this. 11 games in a row on the road I believe. it'll be nice to get back home for once.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    Goaltenders appeared to be off tonight, we didn't get the bounces like the Hurricanes were getting...it was one of those games. I wouldn't sell the farm after a game like this. 11 games in a row on the road I believe. it'll be nice to get back home for once.
    Last night was laughably frustrating. After some thought my stance is for this team has changed. I don't care if buy or sell as long as we 100% in that direction. No half assed Brent Parker GMing is allowed.

Mark Lamb says to our color guy in the postgame says our guys just ****ing hung in their they couldn't even bleep it out in time lol funny when that happends

Curious to anyone that listened to the pregame show. I heard that something about another move was mentioned. Anyone catch that?