Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Which Direction is this Team Going?

There are some rumors floating around and if they are true, we are sellers. Eakin to Portland and Dowling to Kootenay. Not sure what we are to get in return, but that is what I heard at the rink tonight, from someone that is "in the know".
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead View Post
    There are some rumors floating around and if they are true, we are sellers. Eakin to Portland and Dowling to Kootenay. Not sure what we are to get in return, but that is what I heard at the rink tonight, from someone that is "in the know".
    I dunno but that seems to be backwards to me. Kootenay has 3 20's, and going by the numbers they aren't terrible. They also have an extra 1st round pick this year from the Musil trade. Meanwhile Portland only has 2 20's (I believe) so Dowling would fit in without any subtraction there.

Will be interesting for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead View Post

Can't see Eakin going to Portland. They are loaded as is. Saskatoon maybe...Red Deer possibly. Dowling is a 20 and Kootenay has room but we wouldn't get much of a return from a 20...I don't think.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    Can't see Eakin going to Portland. They are loaded as is. Saskatoon maybe...Red Deer possibly. Dowling is a 20 and Kootenay has room but we wouldn't get much of a return from a 20...I don't think.
    Unless there is an injury Kootenay has Steele Boomer, Matt Fraser, and Kevin King as their 20's. So they would have to deal one of them back. King and Fraser around or better then point/game players, while Boomer has 27 pts in 39 games.

I can see eakin going to kootenay and dowling to portland. Verdino will be moved along with one of our tenders most likely friesen. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see us have 3-4 19 yr olds left after trade deadline. Vause and wagner may be used in a package to bring high end picks and prospects. Time will only tell, considering the age of our defense i wouldn't be surprised to see a tough older d man come to teach our back end. as much as people want to say our defense looks promising and young, without any size to punish or puck moving ability, it isn't that glorious on d.

I would think Friesen and Eakin to Portland as they have a 20 yr old spot and many people say they dont have experience in net. I would like Ross and a prospect in return
    Dowling and Richardson to Kootney For 1st round pick, 3rd and Czerwonka
    trade 1 of our young and old dmen for a 18 year old forward.
    Wouldnt want to see Vause gone as he will hopefully be 1 of our 20's.
    Could see Wagner going to Saskatoon to add some depth and grit.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

If we want to make a run for it I say trade for Schenn, Barrie from Kelowna, A solid strong Dman or Forward.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Don't know about Schenn but I would love Barrie. With that said Manning in Van or maybe Button from PA may work and will be cheaper.

As much as I'd love Barrie to be moved in an attempt to further add to our future, I don't think our gm has an interest in moving Barrie.

If he does, he's done a great job persuading Kelowna fans to think differently. If someone does get him though, he's a 19 year old rental for this year. He'll most likely end up in the AHL next year.

Colorado was saying at the beginning of the year, had Barrie not been injured and unable to attend camp, he'd give a great impression.

Cheap plug here guys we started a Broncos podcast and talk a lot about the trade deadline on it. You can check it out here:

http://broncosshow.wordpress.com/