Thread: Ortio

Default Ortio

Does he stay after the tourney? Any rumors floating around? Should I make one up? He looks good tonight against the US.

Quote Originally Posted by 2,5,andagame View Post
    Does he stay after the tourney? Any rumors floating around? Should I make one up? He looks good tonight against the US.
    Well if you make up a rumor there will be one. I think the window on that one closed earlier this year sadly. He would be nice to have on the ice though.

I believe Ortio is playing not even as a starter but a back up on his club team in Finland. I will look to find that fact but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    I believe Ortio is playing not even as a starter but a back up on his club team in Finland. I will look to find that fact but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
    I remember looking in October, I believe he was third string at that point.

Icon32

I really wouldn't want to give up on either of our current imports to make a spot for Ortio. From what I have seen of him he is overrated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarter Century Fan View Post
    I really wouldn't want to give up on either of our current imports to make a spot for Ortio. From what I have seen of him he is overrated anyway.
    Really?
    I would take him over the combo of Novotny and Friesen.
    It would then open up two roster spots to bring in high quality 20's that could really help this team more.

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    Really?
    I would take him over the combo of Novotny and Friesen.
    Highly unlikely Ortio would be back next season and Friesen definitely won't be back. Would he be any better than Friesen, and would he be enough of an upgrade that the Broncos could toss away a nearly a point a game import?

It would then open up two roster spots to bring in high quality 20's that could really help this team more.
    I don't know if you have had a look at some of the rosters of teams that are not playoff bound, but now that Frazee was dealt by Regina, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of upgrades out there now at least as as far as overage players go.