Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What Lorne should do before/and at the deadline

Exclamation What Lorne should do before/and at the deadline

My Father and I were talking in the car while going home today and i checked my phone and i saw the Cunningham trade being talked on twitter. His initial response is that Lorne should make some trades that benefit the team as a real contender. Or how he said it...he should be a GM and proper trades and not wait until 2013. I had the same response. My question is, who should the blades get in the next 2 weeks going towards the deadline. I think that they should get a player like Eakin, Connoly or Howse. What does other think.

Iconwhl

I do think a guy like Howse would be a great fit for the Blades, does Chilliwack want to make the playoffs though is the question... Will they set up there future by trading away there premier player?

Im still not too sold on SC trading away Eakin though..... once SC does get healthy & have there full lineup they will be that team that everyone predicted them to finish. I think SC could be the dark horse come playoff time if infact they do get healthy (& stay healthy).

Connelly could/would be a nice move as well, which i do think PG will be moving him to strengthen there final stage of there rebuilding.

Neither guy u mentioned will come cheap & a top prospect will be dealt the other way forsure. If any of the past trades have been an indication the Blades will most likely have to move 1 of there 16/17yr roster players as that really seems to be the trend this year with the deals that have been made involving top WHL star players.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I do think a guy like Howse would be a great fit for the Blades, does Chilliwack want to make the playoffs though is the question... Will they set up there future by trading away there premier player?

Im still not too sold on SC trading away Eakin though..... once SC does get healthy & have there full lineup they will be that team that everyone predicted them to finish. I think SC could be the dark horse come playoff time if infact they do get healthy (& stay healthy).

Connelly could/would be a nice move as well, which i do think PG will be moving him to strengthen there final stage of there rebuilding.

Neither guy u mentioned will come cheap & a top prospect will be dealt the other way forsure. If any of the past trades have been an indication the Blades will most likely have to move 1 of there 16/17yr roster players as that really seems to be the trend this year with the deals that have been made involving top WHL star players.
    Who would be a 16/17 player that would fill a sniper/player that has consistent scoring that would be really bring something to the team.Tyler Pitlick, Marcel Noebels, Brendan Leipsic
    Last edited by The-Stove; 12-28-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Me being not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post

if connolly moves it will be to stoon....dont forget the family connection here....i personally dont see him moving, pg has a shot at going far into the playoffs themselves

how many topics do we need on this?

take a look at the standings. connolly. howse. and eakin are all probably going nowhere. prince george is in a playoff battle, and it would be suicide for them to deal their top star. same for chilliwack. and swift current's gm lamb said if anything they'd be buyers at the deadline not sellers.

i'd love to see schenn in saskatoon. with so few sellers the prices being paid are crazy. my wish list. schenn. or bubnick.

calgary are clearly sellers. regina's cupboard is bare because they are not trading weal. if brandon is in a playoff spot by the deadline maybe they add a defenseman and a vet goalie and take their chances at making a first round upset. lethbridge can't afford to pull the plug on their season. same for prince albert. especially prince albert they'll be buying at the deadline.

What he should be doing is getting on the Horn to KM in Brandon and getting both Schenn and Glennie. I take Bews,Olsen,Daae and some draft picks/prospects.

Think of your lineup with

Glennie Schenn Stransky
    Nichols Viedensky Hamilton
    Dzuirzinsky Benson Collins
    Elliot Sutter Johnson

Siemans Elliot
    Zahn Dietz
    Thrower Coz

Hell I would then go to the Giants and try and get Manning out of them.

You guys would blow everyone away

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    What he should be doing is getting on the Horn to KM in Brandon and getting both Schenn and Glennie. I take Bews,Olsen,Daae and some draft picks/prospects.

Think of your lineup with

Glennie Schenn Stransky
    Nichols Viedensky Hamilton
    Dzuirzinsky Benson Collins
    Elliot Sutter Johnson

Siemans Elliot
    Zahn Dietz
    Thrower Coz

Hell I would then go to the Giants and try and get Manning out of them.

You guys would blow everyone away
    don't want glennie. for schenn i'd pay bews, daae, and a 2011 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    how many topics do we need on this?

take a look at the standings. connolly. howse. and eakin are all probably going nowhere. prince george is in a playoff battle, and it would be suicide for them to deal their top star. same for chilliwack. and swift current's gm lamb said if anything they'd be buyers at the deadline not sellers.

i'd love to see schenn in saskatoon. with so few sellers the prices being paid are crazy. my wish list. schenn. or bubnick.

calgary are clearly sellers. regina's cupboard is bare because they are not trading weal. if brandon is in a playoff spot by the deadline maybe they add a defenseman and a vet goalie and take their chances at making a first round upset. lethbridge can't afford to pull the plug on their season. same for prince albert. especially prince albert they'll be buying at the deadline.
    So explain to me why a higher placed Vancouver traded arguebly their best player in Cunningham to Portland. Seems to say that chilliwack might be more open to trades than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Stove View Post
    So explain to me why a higher placed Vancouver traded arguebly their best player in Cunningham to Portland. Seems to say that chilliwack might be more open to trades than you think.
    compare what chilliwack has done over the last couple of seasons to what vancouver has done. case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    compare what chilliwack has done over the last couple of seasons to what vancouver has done. case closed.
    Fair enough. Is neimi still a viable trade resource for our team.