Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What Lorne should do before/and at the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by fro14 View Post
    wango tango are you 5?
    I was just about to ask how old you were ...

You're being pretty harsh on the kids that didn't make it. Did you expect them to go out and get hat-tricks? Give me a break, they're 15 & 16 and playing in the regular season against a TEAM that has been together for over half the season where as they had to come up and adapt to the caliber of the WHL and try and learn the Blades system in a few practices.

Give your head a shake.

No but I am sure he at least suspected them to be able to skate LOL!

Yeah because you know, I know a ton of players in the WHL that just learned how to skate this year ...

What were your expectations for these kids if you're so quick to say they're awful?

We need Schenn..... we have no power play..... i am willing to give up bews dietz and a first rounder.... heres why. dietz is aweful, and our first rounder will be pretty much a 2nd rounder cuz well pick 20th, 21st or 22nd probably. id be willing to give up a 2011 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder and also those two brutal players who were wearing cages for us the last couple game( hudson morrison and that mcgauly kid) they looked aweful for glennie and schenn. look at our first line hammy schenn and glennie. schenn and glennie have amazing chemistry together same wit schenn and hammy. this would help our power play a ton also and get more fans to games. whens the last time the blades have really shown there fans they actually wanna try and win a mem cup!!!!!!! this would sure show em for getting rid of dietz

so wano tango you think dietz is relly good?... cuz the games ive seen he makes poor decisions and makes really bad plays.. but if you think hes really good he must be since you have posted more then me. i guess if hes so good kelly mcrimmon would be more then willing to just trade dietz for schenn straight up hey? and backhand you think the cage players looked alright.. they looked horrible i was focusing on mcgauly and he looked really poorly away from the puck. i know there just 15 and 16 but they definetly need to hit the gym. and hit it hard cuz i never seen them even touch anybody and they barely got ice time and were still a combined -8 in the games they played..
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliotFan6 View Post
    Hudson Morrisson was good enough for a ninth round pick but that Tim kid showed off zero strengths, why else was he like -5 in five games despite getting no ice time and playing against the other teams ****ty lines? Plus he has 12 points in 35 games or so in Midget AAA, that is LOL worthy from a guy who was drafted in the first round.

You both seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

First of all, Darren Dietz has been very very solid for the Blades this year. At age 17 he has come a long way since last season. He is physical, skates well, makes a good first pass and will fight almost anybody. What else can you ask for?

Out of the Blades 6 defenseman, I think he is actually top 4. Overall I think he might be a better defenseman than Cox is, and is definitely more solid than Thrower is.

Second of all, those "players with cages" played very good hockey, all things considered.

Nobody expected them to come in and hit the scoresheet. If you did expect that, then you had expectations that were set WAY too high.

Morrison was a good hard working player while with the Blades that was nice and physical and always had his feet moving.

McGauley did much of the same, except he showed off some slick hands and nice passing on more than one occasion. He definitely has an offensive mind as a hockey player.

Don't hate on them just because they are physically and mentally immature as hockey players. It's a process.

I admit that they had their struggles defensively, but that is also a process. They got caught on the ice during some situations that the team definitely wouldn't have wanted, and it ended up in the back of the Blades net. That's going to happen, because like I said, it's a process.

I hope you are still here next year to eat crow when McGauley is a rookie with the Blades and progressing very nicely as a young offensive player in the WHL. Because that's what is going to happen next year, if he doesn't get traded this weekend.

If Dietz is better then Thrower then why does Thrower get more ice time LMAO? No, I didn't expect them to hit the score sheet at all actually, like I said I just expected them to look like they could skate, I don't even think McGauley even completed a pass to be honest with you. How does a first round pick only manage 12 points in 30 plus games in frickin AAA midget. I would obviously love it if McGauley progresses into a good player considering I do hope for the Blades to win. However, I am not biased and call it as I see it and I saw nothing out of the cages.

DIETZ a top 4 d man on our hockey club? so you honestly think hes better then thrower.. wow and cox is better then him in my opinion.

If Dietz is better then Thrower then why does Thrower get more ice time LMAO? No, I didn't expect them to hit the score sheet at all actually, like I said I just expected them to look like they could skate, I don't even think McGauley even completed a pass to be honest with you. How does a first round pick only manage 12 points in 30 plus games in frickin AAA midget. I would obviously love it if McGauley progresses into a good player considering I do hope for the Blades to win. However, I am not biased and call it as I see it and I saw nothing out of the cages.
    So more ice time automatically means that Thrower is better than Dietz? That doesn't mean anything. Thrower brings alot to the club and I like his game, but he is terribly turnover prone and makes some really glaring mistakes out on the ice. Dietz is not flashy, but is very solid in every aspect of the game.

As for "the cages", I hope you are still here next year to eat some crow when McGauley is having a very solid rookie year for Saskatoon (if he remains a Blade). As for his AAA numbers, he plays on a deep team as a 15 year old in midget. Just because he is a first round WHL pick doesn't automatically mean he is supposed to dominate. He plays on a talented team and isn't seeing time on the powerplay etc.

Get your facts straight before throwing a 15 year old under the bus.

DIETZ a top 4 d man on our hockey club? so you honestly think hes better then thrower.. wow and cox is better then him in my opinion.
    Yes, Dietz is better than Thrower. Why is that so shocking? Thrower has much better offensive skills, but that doesn't automatically mean he is a better player. Plus, Dietz is the older player and it shows.

Uh yeah more icetime means Thrower is better then Dietz, are you saying that Lorne plays the ****tier defensemen more or something, how the **** does that even make sense? BTW, you said the exact same thing about eating crow in your last post and I already said I hope I am wrong about him because it would obviously be good for the Blades which is awesome. LMAO so it won't really matter if I'm here to eat crow or not because I want him to be a good player, way to read only what you want.

Uh yeah more icetime means Thrower is better then Dietz, are you saying that Lorne plays the ****tier defensemen more or something, how the **** does that even make sense? BTW, you said the exact same thing about eating crow in your last post and I already said I hope I am wrong about him because it would obviously be good for the Blades which is awesome. LMAO so it won't really matter if I'm here to eat crow or not because I want him to be a good player, way to read only what you want.
    It doesn't necessarily mean Thrower is better RIGHT NOW.

There are other reasons why Lorne might play Thrower more than Dietz...

Remember the WHL is a developmental league and Thrower has more POTENTIAL than Dietz does. Ask any scout. Thrower is projected to be a 2-3 round pick in the NHL draft in 2012, Dietz MAY get drafted this year.

It also just fits the pairings better. Thrower provides some offense to the pairing with Zahn, while Dietz provides the defense to the pairing with Cox.

It's fine to think that Thrower offers more to the team than Dietz does, because that is definitely more debatable. Thrower provides nice offensive skills that Dietz definitely doesn't.

BUT, that doesn't mean that Thrower is better than Dietz. Dietz does so many things well, while not being flashy. Dietz may only be a depth defender at this point in time, but he fills that role very very very well and is the better player of the two. He's the exact kind of defender that a championship team needs.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I don't even hate Dietz like I KNOW fro14 (he always complains about him when we go to games LOL) does and see him as better then average for a guy who is a sixth defensemen (in terms of icetime) and maybe he could develop into a good player, at least for the WHL.