Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What Lorne should do before/and at the deadline

a couple of quotes from blades gm lorne molleken.

about the trade deadline, "if the price is too high, we won't be involved."

on how a bid for the 2013 memorial cup affects his decisions at the deadline right now, "it plays no part in it."

i don't doubt for a moment molleken has called about schenn, i have to wonder about the price. eakin i'd also think will be too much. what about bubnick in calgary? he's not the same calibre scorer as schenn, he does bring some different things than schenn and playoff experience.

when i look at SectionNDeserter's list on the rebels forum i wonder if there are other teams/players out there that can fit the blades situation. lethbridge, maybe everett.

Cowen with a dirty bertuzzi sucker punch to the head of Elliott im sure this will be talked about for awile

Someone needs to take Cowen out, dont care how. He's nothing but a pig and will never become anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Someone needs to take Cowen out, dont care how. He's nothing but a pig and will never become anything.
    Yep he was the one that ran over stanford last year causing us to take things into our own hands

Will the Blades go out and acquire a tough guy during the deadline now? Not that I think they need it...

Also, I think this really goes to show how easy it is to get Red Deer off of their game. Play physical on their golden boy. Seems to piss them off greatly... so much so they abandon their game plan and plot revenge. When they're spending their time in the box, get them back on the scoreboard.

It's goals that win games, not fights.

I still think this team needs, and wants more muscle, especially up front.

Darian Dziurzynski is showing he is too important to this team to be the guy always having to fight. He is great at it, but his 19 goals are also huge for the team. They don't need him breaking his hand.

Zahn is the elder-statesman on the blueline, so it shouldn't be his job to be the enforcer either.

Siemens has clearly curtailed his fighting and I am happy about that. He is too important to the Blades to get hurt and he knows it.

Dietz isn't afraid to fight anyone, but he's not in the lineup right now.

This team needs more muscle and I wouldn't be shocked if they added someone like that, even if they don't play in every game.
    Last edited by hotdog-pocket; 01-02-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Z has 19 goals, not 18

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    I still think this team needs, and wants more muscle, especially up front.

Darian Dziurzynski is showing he is too important to this team to be the guy always having to fight. He is great at it, but his 19 goals are also huge for the team. They don't need him breaking his hand.

Zahn is the elder-statesman on the blueline, so it shouldn't be his job to be the enforcer either.

Siemens has clearly curtailed his fighting and I am happy about that. He is too important to the Blades to get hurt and he knows it.

Dietz isn't afraid to fight anyone, but he's not in the lineup right now.

This team needs more muscle and I wouldn't be shocked if they added someone like that, even if they don't play in every game.
    Should've kept Gogol then, even though he was a complete loose cannon out there. But Collins has been a nice addition to your lineup, at least stat wise.

Gogol was in Lorne's doghouse one to many times and was a hot dog, not worth it IMO although it would be nice to have a fighter for sure.

im going to stick my neck out here and i know alot of you will not like what i have to say but....In hind sight Sena would have been a great 20yr old to keep at the expense of Zahn . Sorry i love Zahn and think he is a fine player. Sena is a two position utility player who can throw them too. Hind sight is 20/20 and if we knew Gogol was going to be a bonehead after he came back from camp things may have played out a little different. now with that said we could use a enforcer, but he has to be a resonsible player first. I loved the way Randy Mcnaught played he was not a defensive liability, and his overall game improved as a Blade.
    ________
    Family guy forums
    Last edited by lostsheep; 04-12-2011 at 09:02 AM.

i really dont think your picking a tougher player with sena over zahn...zahn can fight just as well as sena and is better defensively and you cant replace his leadership on and off ice...so zahn is definitely a better choice...I also dont think the blades need toughness or a "tuff guy" this year...they have team toughness and frustrate teams with hardwork and talent...sure you wont get the intimidation factor we may have had last year, but that didnt get to far when we met up with a more talented team in brandon...if we are not gonna get a schenn, gallagher, eakin type player then we need a good depth player a second line type guy.