Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: What Lorne should do before/and at the deadline

I agree, the Blades don't need a tough guy or more toughness, I think they got a close group of guys and there's enough players on the team that will stick up for their teammates when a guy like Cowen gives out a friggin cheap shot, sure hope that guy gets wasted one of these days.

The Blades need a top end player like Eakin or Schenn and if they don't get that then hopefully they can get two second line forwards to add secondary scoring.

I do agree with you Trav, molleken needs to try to pursue a top 6 forward, because sure we are getting scoring from our top line of viedensky, nicholls and hamilton/collins, and if we are going to go for it this even though we may get the MC in 2013, pursuing a guy like schenn or eakin might be our best option at this point

What's Eakin worth to your team? Say he is traded to the Blades, who do you guys see coming to Swift Current? The way he is playing at the Jr's he's gotta be worth something good!!! I see alot of teams going after him so the competition is probably pretty steep I would think.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    What's Eakin worth to your team? Say he is traded to the Blades, who do you guys see coming to Swift Current? The way he is playing at the Jr's he's gotta be worth something good!!! I see alot of teams going after him so the competition is probably pretty steep I would think.
    question is what does swift current need? let's assume it would take more than a high bantam draft pick to get eakin. what kind of prospects would the broncos covet? their defense is pretty young with potential. to me that says forward or goaltending prospects.

for eakin i'd part with a 1st and a top forward prospect. based on going rates right now it might take another mid round pick to actually make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    question is what does swift current need? let's assume it would take more than a high bantam draft pick to get eakin. what kind of prospects would the broncos covet? their defense is pretty young with potential. to me that says forward or goaltending prospects.

for eakin i'd part with a 1st and a top forward prospect. based on going rates right now it might take another mid round pick to actually make it happen.
    Considering what the market is like, ie cunningham and ashton deals, i would say it would be closer to 2 1st round picks and a real good prospect or a 1st a talented 18 right now and a high end prospect. I can't see eakin going for much less.

Anyone happen to think that the Blades have already got a deal in place to get someone big? There was a rumour floating around about a 5 player deal already in place between the Blades and a team from the BC division.

Ryan Howse?
    Brendan Ranford?
    Brendan Gallagher?

Just some ideas.

Personally, I would still like the Blades to get Schenn, and I think that could be someting that we still see.

Maybe:

Levi Bews
    Hudson Morrison
    1st in 2011
    Another pick

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog-pocket View Post
    Anyone happen to think that the Blades have already got a deal in place to get someone big? There was a rumour floating around about a 5 player deal already in place between the Blades and a team from the BC division.

Ryan Howse?
    Brendan Ranford?
    Brendan Gallagher?

Just some ideas.

Personally, I would still like the Blades to get Schenn, and I think that could be someting that we still see.

Maybe:

Levi Bews
    Hudson Morrison
    1st in 2011
    Another pick
    Gallagher won't be getting moved according to bonner.

Schenn would at least require another 1st on top of that deal

Blades getting closer to a full lineup Deitz is back for tonight olsen and bews back for friday hamilton is a ? mark as they may give him extra rest as he deserves it good to see tho

Someone said last night they heard from a reliable source that Brandon wanted Bews, Dietz and a draft pick for Schenn.

I don't know how long ago that was from, but we'd maybe need to trade for an experienced D-man if Dietz goes, unless they feel good about playing Stipancik full time?

Quote Originally Posted by BladesFan_2010 View Post
    Someone said last night they heard from a reliable source that Brandon wanted Bews, Dietz and a draft pick for Schenn.

I don't know how long ago that was from, but we'd maybe need to trade for an experienced D-man if Dietz goes, unless they feel good about playing Stipancik full time?
    The exact same rumour i heard and posted a week ago...maybe it is true?