Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 67's verses Rockets

I tell you something-- that was a barnburner of a game.

The thing, I think, hurt the Rockets is that they were missing too many golden chances they were given. The 67's locked down on the shooting lanes and passing lanes blocking anything that came their way. Battochio played out of his mind today and if they go really far, they have him to thank for it all.

I expect the Rockets to just come out full boar, ticked off that they couldn't beat the 67's and hopefully will take it to the Knights. Plus, I'm sure they're bitter they had their hotel fire alarm pulled early in the morning.

Default Coverage

Read the Freeps to-day and they have some excellent coverage on The Rockets.

Kelowna had a gift handed to them yesterday but someone named Battachio wanted it back and took right out of their hands.

The Rockets suffered their fist Memorial Cup loss since 2003 and will be interesting to see how they respond against London.

They do a fine job of locking up the middle but will be a little harder with London'd speed plus the Knights will dump it in all night and keep the Rockets skating.

Kelowna will need to get some early goals fatigue may hit them heavy by start of third.

That was an excelent game by both teams. I really think that Kelowna outplayed and out skilled the ottawa. The one factor that changed the outcome was there goalie Pistashio what a nut lol but seriously it would have been and easy victory with almost any other goalie last night. Once in a while you can have a game one single handed by a great goaltender and that is what I think happened last night. Congratulations Ottawa and im sure the Rockets will bounce back and be even more determined today.

Battachio was awesome, and so was Westblom. 64 shots on the 67's goal and about 44 on the Rocket net, unreel. Kelowna better get some finish or they won't win a game in London.

Should of known that Comeau would of taken the stupid penalty to lose a pivitol game, sure Blake had a good game but he doesn't use his head half of every game.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

I was pleasantly surprised by this game. It was the "nothing" game of the tournament, no London and no Crosby to build excitement and hype, and what happens, we get the longest game in Memorial Cup history and a performance by both goaltenders that will be long remembered as one for the ages.

I thought Westblom showed that he is capable of winning a game at the tournament for the Rockets, but they are going to be in trouble tonight. London will be well rested, and the Rockets will be exhausted and no doubt demoralized after losing that game.

The only things i didn't really like was that Spurgeon did not come out to receive his 2nd star award and that about 3000-4000 people left after the first overtime and missed the finish of the game, but thats somewhat to be expected, as i figured if there was going to be a game people did not show up for it would have been yesterdays, but they were out in force again.

Pictures are posted at OHLPhotos.com, as will pictures from tonights game (probably not till tomorrow evening though).

Later

DT
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you Handy"
    -------------------

Please consider visiting OHLPhotos.com

Default Report from London

Its Monday in the fair city of London. I am still a little fuzzy as have been most mornings here. The Junior Hockey Junkies are definitly the the stars of this show. The provide first class entertainment to all that attend these events.

The people of London are fantastic!! We have been welcomed by all and wished good luck by most. Festivites abound with lots of friendly people.

The John Labatts Center is easily one of the nicest junior rinks i have ever seen. 9000 seats with good sight lines from most parts of the rink. We are in the nose bleeds but still have a good view of the game. Lost of stars in the crowd here, i met Scotty Bowman, saw Mike Keenan, Ted Nolan, Ray Bourque, and Bobby Smith. Mike Modano is supposed to be in the tent today and of course Sid the Kid was seated only a few seats away.

Tons of Rocket Fans out here - Meeting them at every turn - cheering loud and proud for the boys. Lots of interviews by the papers and Photo ops with the Junkies.

Now to the Hockey - Ottawa did what they had to to win. No excuses their keeper stood very tall to keep them in it and he gave his team a chance to win. We didnt finish when we should have and it came back to bite us in the but.

London looks very good - our boys will have to play better and finish their chances. Westbloom will have to be at his best as the Knights can turn it up at any time. IMO to beat the Knights we have to play down low and grind em up. Slow them down coming out of their end - they have terrific speed. Westy will have to be solid as well.

Thats all for now - from London

Go Rockets Go!!

p.s. the theme here is "show your rockets"....lol

Definately a much more physical game, than the first game of this tournament.

So this will be the Rocket's only loss.